Childbirth

Posted , 3 users are following.

does anyone have experience being fused up and giving birth? im 29 and i dont think i would be able to have a vaginal childbirth. what are your experiences? thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello I'm 28, diagnosed at 18 and I've had 2 kids both successful vaginal deliveries.

With my son (now nearly 7yrs) I thought the same as you at first (scarring resulting in baby getting stuck, not healing afterwards) but my consultant knew nothing of LS and refused to even consider a C-Section so i opted for a pool birth at the birthing centre. Obviously when i arrived they knew everything about LS (from what I'd already told them!) and they said they wanted me to labour in the pool but then get out so i could be monitored for the actual delivery.

I didn't feel that the actual birth was hindered by LS at all and healing afterwards even with stitches seemed very normal.

2nd birth was normal bed birth which also went without a problem.

I've had no flare ups during or after and I would say though that during both pregnancies i had my LS under control.

I posted the story after I had my son on here so ill see if i can find it and link you to it 😃

good luck!

• Posted

Same! I've been dealing with LS since I was a teenager, but not diagnosed until mid-20s. I've had two vaginal deliveries and neither was affected by my LS. I do have some fusing, but it didn't seem to make a difference for my second when I had more fusing than the first.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.