Chills, Abdominal Pain, light headedness

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all, I am new to this forum and the community, little bit about me: I am a lifelong Hemophiliac who has Arthritis at 19 years old. I began to smoke marijuana on St. Patty's day 2018, not a good idea, ended being a regular. It started to effect my day to day life and now I quit. It has been a little bit less than a week and I am starting to get some weird effects. I have been having these chills for the past couple of weeks, I turn the heat up in my apartment to like 80* and I am consistently cold. But, it is only the parts of my body that are exposed to outside air, except my feet which get chills unless I have shoes on. I used to be 265 lbs 5'9" that was when I moved in September 15th 2018. Today I weight about 215 lbs, could have been from the weight loss? Finals season is also upon me could this just be stress? I do think that the abdominal pain is linked with the chills. My diet has changed completely in the past 2 months, I have opted for healthier food choices I want to keep this weight loss going because it is making my knees feel better everyday. But, I am also worried about this weight loss, did it happen too quickly. I lost almost no muscle mass, just fat and those extra carbs that stick in your waistline.

I have also had my gallbladder removed at 16 due to family history of gallstones and my gallbladder was full. It wasn't until the beginning of this year that I began to have some problems, diphtheria and bile waste. That got fixed, but now its back, I have been staying on my probiotics that my GI doc told me about and this powdered medicine to help stabilize the production of bile, it tastes like Tang orange juice from the early 2000s.

I hope this isn't TMI, but I don't want to goto the doctors if this will pass in a couple of days.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

If you have changed your diet to healthier foods, this will cause you to lose weight. Worrying about your weight loss and exam pressure will also cause you to lose weight. It doesn't sound like it is sudden, unexplained weight loss because the things you are doing can cause you to drop in weight so there is an explanation for it.Losing unwanted fat intentionally is no bad thing. and neither is having muscle mass. You clearly want to lose weight, so why worry about it especially since it is helping your knees to feel better every day? Try to relax.

I would see your doctor about the chills and abdominal pain to find out if they are linked; you will get a better answer there. Stress can be linked with abdominal pain but your doctor will be able to confirm or rule this out.

• Posted

You have some bad medical conditions at an early age. Ask your doctor about rehab.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.