chills and diverticulitis

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi

Has anyone experienced chills before or during an episode? I have been having chills for past 2 days even during the night. Getting scared I may be having a flare up. Even though I havd not fully recovered from the previous one.

Vivian

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Vivian,

The test is just a stool sample but a little more complicated than the one for occult blood.  I too had a chronic pain in my left side but thinking back, it started after I was on two weeks of antibiotics following a tooth extraction.  The pain went on for four months and finally my gp said that he though it was diverticulitis.  He then prescribed two antibiotics then a third one when those made me sicker.  I was running to the bathroom 15-20 times a day and lost 10 pounds in a couple of weeks.  Finally he did the C-diff test and a few days later called me in to give me the news.  I had only seen people with this in nursing homes and they had died!! It was a scary time-fever, chills, no appetite at all (not like me). The Vancomycin was a wonder drug for me.  I hope you get to the bottom (!) of your problem soon and I hope it isn't C-diff. Diver is bad enough.  I still get some pain now and then but find that eating a really good diet with lots of roughage helps a lot.  So far so good.  Good luck!

PS Someone awhile ago suggested milk thistle. I have been taking this too and it seems to help.

• Posted

Hi lorraine

Thank you. I am seeing my doctor on Monday. Your symptoms sound like mine.

Vivian

• Posted

Hi Vivian I have been reading this stuff regarding your health problems and its left me a bit concerned about my own stuff thats going on . I live in the UK near Heathrow Airport its a place called Southall and when I saw your mention of the stools and the problems going to the toilet.. I would normally only go maybe once every 3 or 4 weeks but then it would be like a lady having a really extremely bad delivery in the birth I pulled the towel rail off the wall a few weeks ago and then it is always like you said small to medium sized balls all clustered together and lots of blood. I was told this was Diverticulas but I was just told there was nothing that could be done and given this website name. I do have another pain related problem which has been ongoing for just after 5 years ago following an operation for a minor problem which didnt end up so minor and I am going in for an investagive op at the end of this month. so hopefully that will be sorted out. 
    • Posted

Yes I thing you should go back to the doctor. I am going today also. As this episode has taken me off work for 3 weeks already. Good luck.

Vivian

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.