Chinese herbal medicines for RA

Posted , 8 users are following.

Have any one tried going to chinese clinic? I mean, tried on chinese herbal medicines. I am planning to try. I've been on Methotroxate,sulperazone etc medicines but non helps me. I would like if some one could share your opinion on these chinese medicines please.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

They are not regulated in any way so you have no idea what is in them. Some have been found to have massive doses of undeclared corticosteroids in them - no wonder people felt better!

I would advise not trying them out.

• Posted

Yes, I did. I went to a well known Chinese doctor, who told me a few things and gave me some herbs. I keprt it up for a few months--and it did not help. I later went to another person for acupuncture -which only helped a nerve problem that was undiagnosed - but never helped any inflamed joints. 

I agree about mixing herbs plus strong western drugs like methotrexate ect. and by that time refused herbs for the reason mentioned , they are not regulateed, and mos inmportant the combination of products is completely unstudied and unknown.

I WOULD TRY ONE OR THE OTHER, BUT DEFINATELY NOT BOTH.

ITS NOT SAFE. 

ITS AN AWFUL DISEASE, but we just have to do the best we can. There isno majic bullet-although , maybe you'll be luck and resond well to something and slow things down.

Good Luck, 

Barbara

• Posted

Chinese herb medications for RA aren't on top of the list as far as the Chinese are concerned.   They like to treat the more serious conditions like impotence - dried tiger penis works wonders with this condition I'm told.   And of course if you have liver problems you can't go past a bear in the back yard with a straw sticking out his gut, marvelous stuff.   The Chinese have been practicing alternatve treatments for centuries, very succesfully too it seems, is there a healthier race of people on the planet? 

• Posted

I started going to one last year for a different problem but started to become sceptical because the needles were never placed anywhere near the same places and her "notes" were just a garbled mess.  She would start the conversation and ask if xxx was better but that wasnt what I was going for.  I went once a month for 10 months which at £45 per session is considerable but have stopped now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.