Chinese medicine

Posted , 5 users are following.

Has anybody tried Chinese Medicine (herbal tea)?

Thank you

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You have to be carful with Chinese medicine. Nowaday, I dont trust things made in China except for white goods. I dont even go to Chinese restaurant for I dont know what they import legally to have cheap food. So be aware.
    • Posted

Thank you very much for your reply. I am asking, because I read (I haven't any feedback from his patients) about a doctor in the UK (for obvious reasons I cannot say his name) who is practising Chinese herbal medicine and is specialized in auto-immune diseases. I live permanently in Greece, so I will have to travel to the UK just to visit him.  As you can understand the trip is very long for me (4hrs by plane to London plus 2 hrs by train from London to the final destination) and of course the cost of the trip plus the cost of the treatment is huge.  That's why I am trying to collect as many information as possible.

Thank you again for your reply.

• Posted

I don't know if this is of any interest to anybody but I've just discovered that the green tea I've been drinking to help with my current flare has several side effects.

I had no idea a natural herb could cause such problems. The thing is, I've been drinking it on and off for quite a while but I've stopped now!

I suppose we should all do a bit of research before we try anything new.

• Posted

Hi I don't know what drugs you are on,

I have had crohns for over ten years and the last five I'm on a drug called mercaptopurine and it has worked for me so keep searching for something that works for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.