Chinese medicine for CFS

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am 33 and I used to be so energetic, liked to work out 4 to 5 days a week. But last year around February my life changed completely! After trying some over the counter probiotics for stomach issues like constipation my life went down hill. Ended up in the hospital 3 times for palpitations, could NOT sleep, diarrhea, shortness of breath, feeling my body freezing then super hot, feeling like I was going to pass out etc etc you named it! My doctor run ALL kinds of test and no answer. He only gave me antidepressants and high doses of sleeping pills. I cried every night because I knew I wasn't depressed but nobody knew how to help me out. Eventually 3 moths passed not sure how I made it but started to feel better. Around October I started to feel so exhausted, light headed, low bp, sleepy and going to sleep at 8pm every night to feel a little better the next day, this was just no life and again here we go to my doctor and more test...and nothing! I am a true believer of Homeopathic/ Herbalist medicine so I decided to try Chinese medicine anyways I had nothing to lose anymore and to my experience the recovery has been AMAZING! It's been a month and I can say that I feel much much better. It is kind of hard to really find the help for CFS. (I never took the anti depressants). Please don't get discouraged seek help and always talk to your doctor before trying anything else. All I can say is that I found an amazing Chinese herbalist that is helping out feel better!

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi.

So pleased for you that you are feeling so much better.  Did your doctor agree you had ME/CFS? What is the name of the chinese medicine you took, what's in it? are you still taking it?

Thanks

• Posted

Thank u! After getting tested for all kinds of stuff, went to a cardiologist a neurologist u named it and everything coming back OK my doctor still didn't want to say I had CFS but wanted me to see a psychologist instead... There are still a lot of doctors out there that don't understand what we really are going through. The Chinese lady that I went to is a "Herbalist" and the herbs that she gave me are based on my symptoms, it's like a personalized medication. I only took this teas for 3weeks once a day. Her name is Lisa Lau (Herbalists) and she is in Chicago. One of my coworkers refer me to her. I hope that maybe I can help anyone with this info But always check with your doctor before trying anything else. Homeopathic was my second option to try, I guess you just come to the point that u missed being yourself! Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.