Chiropractic adjustment and dizziness

Posted , 1 user is following.

His just started a chiro to help my neck and back. I was curious if anyone else has adjustments and wonder if the adjustments make you feel dizzy that night and the next day? I feel off balance when walking mostly . Does anyone have experience with this? Thanks for your help

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I had great success with the chiropractor but the last 2 visits left me feeling worse.

i think a lot depends on what you do afterwards. If you can, go home and lie down and use an ice pack on your neck, shoulders and back. Drink plenty of water.

last year the chiropractor totally cured my neck problem and I was pain free for several months. In the last 6 weeks I've started swimming. I can only swim on my back, doing a sort of " snow angel" movement with my arms. It might look a bit stupid but it's done so much good. I spend 5-10 minutes in the steam room after my swim and I've got from just 3 lengths of the pool up to 14. 

Be careful how you're sitting, how you use a computer or tablet, and how many pillows you sleep on as all these can affect the neck. 

• Posted

Hi

Thanks for replying.  I'm sorry things went bad on your last visits.  I hope they can fix it.  Its great your able to do some excersize.  I've just started the vestibular therapy so I'm not doing much else.  

Did you have dizziness after your adjustments?  I find I have it and I'm hoping it slows down after a few adjustments and the VRT.  Its been better since I'm learning to call my anxiety.  I have awful anxiety, I am so terified of the dizziness.  I think because its something you can't get control of, it has to slow down on its own.  

I hope things get better for you and all of us.

THanks again.

• Posted

I didn't get dizziness but a friend of mine did years ago when she went to a chiropractor. Anxiety definitely causes dizziness. The swimming is the best thing I've done so far. I'm lucky the pool is less than 2 miles from my house. I also sit in the steam roof and sauna. I must try to go each day as it does make me less tense.

i hope you can find a solution. I'm just so glad to be without the crippling headaches for now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.