Chiropractic care for Meniers symptoms

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been dealing with Meniers symptoms for the last ten years. My  first ENT encouraged me to take SERC which I continue to take daily. Two years ago I read about Dr Micharel Burcon in Ann Harbour, Michigan and his research into Meniers sympton management. I continues to get adjustment in my quest to rectify the damage I sustained in an auto accident many years ago. I will be glad to share any other information with anyone interested in the path I have taken in dealing with this horiffic disease.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Ive been seeing an atlas chiropractor and have been vertigo freensincenive started adjustments! This needs to be more common knowldge. I still hqve considerable tinnitus and take my serc 4img twice a day but its made the disease go from unbearable to the back of my mind!

• Posted

I continue to have "wonkiness" even with chiropractic care and 16mg of SERC daily. But I am optomistic it will improve. Yes i believe it should be more well know so thats what we are doing. May I ask your age? I am 70.

• Posted

I would be most interested in your experience with chiropractic and MD symptoms. I have tried several acupuncture treatments with minimal results as well as one chiropractic visit which also yielded minimal results.
    • Posted

What kind of chiropractor? They should specialize in your atlas your c1, c2 qnd c3 verterbrae
    • Posted

upper cervical chiropractic have the most up to date information and techniques and/or someone who has had the training from DR Burcon. You can reach him on Facebook and read all about his research.
    • Posted

Upper cervical chiropractic and Dr Burcon's theory from his research that all Menieres is from a much earlier whip lash trauma..much earlier mayabe 30 t0 40 years ago.He is on Facebook along with his research. Michael Burcon, Michigan.

• Posted

Hi,  I have Menieres. I also read this article by Dr. Burcon.  I subsequently contacted a chiropractor and began chiropractic treatment, as I have had whiplash injury.  The chiropractor sent me for X-Rays. I had approx 10 adjustments.  Initially, I felt much symptom relief but only for about a month, then symptoms returned, as before.  I then had an appointment with a top ENT who specializes in inner ear problems and is an expert in Menieres.  I told him I was seeing a chiropractor.  His first response was "where's the evidence?"  I told the ENT that the chiropractor told me that the problem was related to the C1 C2 vertebrae.  The ENT said that the vestibular nerve is nowhere near the C1 C2 and what the chiropractor is saying is complete nonsense.  Anyway, I did some diggging online about chiropractic, and discovered that there are no legitimate studies that prove that chiropractic is beneficial for Menieres, in fact, I had a sore jaw for a few days when I received a TMJ adjustment.  The ENT told me to stop chiropractic immediately, which I did.  He doubled my SERC dose and I am also doing vestibular rehab exercises daily.  I feel almost normal!   I'm sorry.

to burst your bubble and I know how difficult it is to live with this awful condition.  But in the search for alternative treatments, sometimes we forego medical science.  There are very few ENT that know a lot about Menieres unfortunately, which adds to the discouragement!  I searched online for a Dr. that did and I travel a bit to see him.  It is worth it.  Take care and be careful!  I can sympathize.  

• Posted

Actually Dr Burcon has done research, I encourage you to read it. Its not about the vestibular nerve its about the eustacian tube and the ectra fruid in the inner ear. Drs hate chiropractors, with whuip lash your head is not setting on the axis correctly all systems are off. Sorry any dr that tells you to not seek another kind of care is not for me. Of course you had a sore jaw from an adjustment. No bubble here your symptoms will return sorry to burst your bubble.Where is your Dr's evidence? Thank you for the response?

• Posted

I visited a physiotherapist in the UK in May 2016, after 3 years of vertigo. Not had any vertigo since that first appointment. Doctors don't believe it. Still have tinnitus.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.