Chlamydia or Herpes?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Okay here I go. In April I had unprotected sex twice with a boy I knew. Four days later I got itchy bumps that disappeared two days later, me being stupid I just ignored it thinking it was just a itchy rash. 2 months later I started experiencing yellow discharge and between periods bleeding. Finally I made the decision to go to the doctors, I got examined and she said it looked like thrush but she would take a std test just incase. A week later I got a call from my doctor saying that I have chlamydia! I was in complete shock, she gave me azitromyzin for treatment, the symptoms remained and 3-4 weeks later I got tested again and it came up positive for the second time. She gave me another azitromyzin treatment but the symptoms are still remaining. That's when I remembered the bumps, is it possible that I have herpes? There wasn't much bumps but they were really itchy. I looked up the symptoms and i only had one of the symptoms. My vagina looks normal, nothing around it at all or in it as far as I can see. I've also seen photos of early/ late stage herpes and it didn't look anything like that when I had the bumps. I don't have pain while urinating or anything like that. Wouldn't my doctor know that I have herpes when I got examined? I don't know if I'm overreacting or not , or if it's just the chlamydia, I just want to be normal again and have some answers.

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

A single oral dose of Zithromax 1 GRAM is 97% effective for the treatment of chlamydia. If you received erythromycin at 500 mg four times a day for seven days and took it all , you are a trooper ! Plus the partner has to be treated and you don't reinfect yourself. Otherwise, your doctor should NEVER have chosen a proven failed drug regime. Just a waste of time. Need to deal with that first.

• Posted

Thank you so much 💕 I'll definitely ask her about this, just want it gone. I need to stop scaring myself, I thought it was weird how she gave it to me again. Will let you know!

• Posted

No problem. just an additional thought besause I mentioned the Zithromax. She really ought NOT give you that either as they are in the same class ( macrolides). She should switch to doxycycline.

As to whether it's herpes; remember, you apparently had a positive test for chlamydia. What would be the likelihood you have both? I guess its possible, but maybe just due to moisture?

• Posted

if its the same partner then yes you're reinfecting yourself.. even with oral you're reinfecting yourself ..

• Posted

I know that but I haven't been with/seen him since then so there is no chance of reinfecting myself, I think I need a stronger dosage cause I have had it since April so it's been awhile ??

• Posted

I know that but I haven't been with/seen him since then so there is no chance of reinfecting myself, I think I need a stronger dosage cause I have had it since April so it's been awhile

• Posted

Even IF the dose was not strong enough, when you have failed a course of antibiotics in one class of drugs, the doctors MUST switch to a different class, as the exposure may have created resistant organisms. Micro 101.
    • Posted

The first time I took the treatment , I noticed how it was working, the symptoms were still there after a week just less bad then how it was so that's what I told my doctor. I think she assumed that if I got another dose, it would give it the kick that It needs. It hasn't been a full week yet so I don't know if it's going to work or not but I have a appointment booked for next Friday so I will see what she says then and if it's cleared or not smile just can't wait until it's gone ? definitely never having unprotected sex again! Learnt my lesson.

• Posted

Hey! So I finally went to the doctors and turns out I also had trichomoniasis! As much as I'm still abit p*ssed off that I not only contracted one std but another I'm so relieved that I don't have herpes as I just found out I got tested for everything 💕 So yeah, thanks for your advice!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.