chloasma misery

Posted , 10 users are following.

i have been suffering with this condition now for about 5 years. i barely remember not having chloasma. when i went to my gp for help she brushed me off and told me there was nothing that could be done. before the chloasma became really bad i was very confident,but this has totally drained me of that and i no longer have relationships anymore. i wear make up every day to cover what i can but would one day love to not have to cover myself in make up just to go to the shops. i know that my chloasma is hormonal as it varies in shades throughout the month, but the docs just wont help and tell me there is no lotion/creams available. i am now waiting for thiospot, to arrive from the internet, which has been recommended on here by another lady to see if that helps. i thought i was going mad until i found this site and found other people in the same situation as me and realised im not the only one suffering. hopefully the thiospot may help and if it does ile let you all know

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have ordered Thiospot so fingers crossed it works! I will keep you all posted. A few months ago I stopped taking the pill on the advice of the doctor to help with the cloasma (I had the coil fitted). It has faded somewhat but I can't be sure whether that is because there has been less sun, rather than stopping the pill. I am still extremely uncomfortable without makeup. I have two patches above my check bones (one under each eye) and in summer on my top lip and the middle of my forehead. Even with makeup on people have asked me if I have been punched.
  • Posted

Hi Louise. Nice to meet you. I really hope that the cream works for you. 5 years from the chloasma starting, maybe longer now I still have it. I hoped that it would stay away permanently but wasn't to be. I do find that over the years it has faded slightly and disappeared completely from my forehead but not from all over my cheeks. This does fade a lot in winter but in summer I don't leave the house without sun block 40 on and this has prevented darkening. I am able to cover up with make up and am never seen without make up on. It has taken me years to accept that this isn't going away. Please don't let this condition get you down, it did me for a very long time. Just know that whenever ur feeling fed up with it all there are people going thru the same thing as you and that ur not alone. Let me know how you get on with the cream. I really hope it works permanently for you x x Deb
  • Posted

Hi everyone.

I developed Cloasma 7 years ago when I feel pregnant with my first bub. I guess I have always been prone to pigmentation on my face. I had a small patch on my forehead, but nothing like what occured when I fell pregnant. Now It's all over my forehead, under my eyes and now all over my cheeks!! I can so relate to what you are all going through!

I've noticed that no one has posted anything for a while. Just wondering if anyone that was planning on trying the product mentioned in a few of the previous comments had any success. I'm naturally sceptical that anything will actually work. Nothing has so far! I'm concerned that these comments have been posted by people trying to promote this product - not legitimate people with cloasma.

I'm just sick of wasting my money! Let me know!.xxxxxx

• Posted

Hi robynne. How are you? I started this post way back when my chloasma was at its worse after feeling so down. I too tried everything . I certainly wasn't promoting the product in any way I just finally found something that worked for me and wanted to let anyone else in the same position know about it. I remember it worked really well for me and lightened my skin lots and even cleared my forehead completely. Even now after not using it for a very long time my forehead is clear. It hasn't gone completely from the rest of my face but has lightened over the years but that could have something to do with hormones as I get older . I would still recommend the product to see if it helps you as I still remember how good it was for me. I hope you get the same results . Keep me posted on your progress and good luck xx
  • Posted

Hi. A quick update on the thread I started about my nightmare with chloasma. As I'm now 43 ide given up hope of ever being free from this condition. This may not be of use to the many of you who are still very young but may be of little hope to others around my age. I am now almost free of chloasma and for the first time in nine years I can feel completely at ease being make up free!  Such a great feeling and one I never thought ide experience again. The "cure"... Early menopause..  I always had a feeling mine was caused by hormones and this proves that. Now my oestrogen levels are falling my skin has almost cleared within four months and looks better than ever.. I'm going to the docs today to get my levels checked to be sure and get some bloods taken but for me this is the best news I can get. Sadly this has a down side. I now have a bald patch on my head. Again I'm hoping this is menopause and hormone related and that it doesn't turn into Alopecia so fingers crossed. If I had a choice ide have chloasma rather than the hair loss.. At least I can cover my face. If this gives anyone a little hope that the nightmare of chloasma may end eventually, even if like me you wait for nine years then that's a good thing. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.