chloasma nightmare

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi had chloasma for 6yrs, nothing has worked. it started when i got coil fitted.i had coil removed 2 yrs ago and it didn't fade.doctor gave me skinoren its for acne. didnt work at all.i have been told to live with it.it is ruining my day to day living.i have it on my top lip cheek and forehead i feel like a freak.i wear factor 50 everyday.i find make up makes it worse has anybody got any suggestions thankyou

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

smile hi there i too have had chloasma since the birth of my 3rd child it got even worse after my 4th I have just discovered a roll on skin lightener called THIOSPOT you are supposed to apply it twice a day but i only get the chance to apply once in the evening have been using it for about a month nowand i can really notice a huge difference i have chloasma on my cheeks but mainly on my forehead my cheeks have faded alot b=and my forehead is starting to fade i have quite a big dark patch on my forehead which i hate its horrible living with chloama isnt it? I also always apply 50factor suncream every day especially during the summer months Also my sister put me on to a make up called SHEER COVER it does exactly what it says completely covers my chloasma it is amazing and has has really helped give me back my confidence so i REALLY would rec ommend you try it i dont normally wear make up but i was so sick of my patchy face that now i dont go out withougt my 50factor and my sheer cover on it is a powder foundation try looking on e-bay mine cost about £20 for both pots as you can mix to get the right shade for your skin well i really hope you give both these products a go oh yes the THIOSPOT is £19 99 for a 5ml roll on i have had mine a month and think ive still got another couple weeks worth left and i really dont mind the price because it is working Good luck to you and all the best
  • Posted

Oh no! You have described exactly what I have. I went to a dermatologist today and he is starting me on Skinoren. Mine has gotten progressively worse since I was pregnant and has not dissipated at all. My regular freckles, of which I only used to have a few, have grown at an alarming rate also.

Other than topical treatments such as Skinoren, has anyone had any success with microdermabrasion or chemical peels?

I desperately don't want to have to live with this forever.

• Posted

Thiospot... ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT. i have been using the intensive cream for 6 weeks and noticed the difference in just a week. now my dark patches have reduced by at least 80% after 6 weeks. i wish i had used this product years ago, or even heard of it.. but i am so glad i am now. i just hope this works for everyone because its given me back so much confidence and i feel like a different person than i was 2 months ago, hiding under layers of make up and not facing anyone. please at least try it to see if it works as well for you. i cant rate it highly enough. good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.