Chlorhexidine, imipramine, and aripiprazole

Posted , 1 user is following.

I was at the dentist yesterday and had a tooth removed. The dentist gave me a local anaesthetic and stemmed the bleeding with a haemostatic sponge which she said would dissolve, and I had to bite on some gauze for 20 minutes afterwards. Later on I had my dinner and then took some chlorhexidine mouthwash. Then I was standing making a cake when I suddenly felt very dizzy and started to see stars, and was very thirsty. To be fair I hadn't drunk much since leaving the dentist. I just wondered if this was purely a blood loss issue, or some sort of interaction between the anaesthetic and my medication (aripiprazole (Abilify) and imipramine (Tofranil)) or the chlorhexidine mouthwash. I also worry I might be pregnant; did a pregnancy test after missing my period which was negative, so it appears not, but for the blood loss experienced I feel like being dizzy and thirsty and almost fainting is a bit much. I also cut my finger when making the cake however, but it didn't bleed that long.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.