chlosteartoma

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I had a modified radical mastoiedectomy 17 march 15 and was just wondering how long is recovery it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but still feel tired and still in some pain

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I had quite bad pain for the 1st week, but everyone is different. However I felt fine about 2 weeks in and was back at work in the 3rd week.

I'm now just over a month had my bipp removed and although I still have discharge which is usually worse in the morning I feel absolutely fine.

Hope that helps sophie

• Posted

Thank you that does help I am due to get the packing out on Tuesday I have been told it is not pleasant, I too am still having discharge I don't feel dizzy but feel a bit off balance is this normal, I am due back at work Wednesday unless Dr signs me off for longer, pleased you are on the mend .

• Posted

It's not particularly pleasant no but it's over quick. I felt slightly off balance for a couple of weeks. I was given one week on my original sick note, although I wasn't on my deathbed I certainly wasn't ready for work. Let them know how you feel when they take out the bipp if you don't feel ready they will extend it.

Hope you get well soon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.