Skip to content
Ad

Cholesteatoma

All discussions in this group

Next
  • worried about cholesteatoma op

Hi, My name is Chris and in Oct of last year (2009) I had very bad pain in my right ear and started to get some foul smelling ooze from my ear. When I visited my docs I was told that I had a very small hole in my eardrum, but it was nothing to worry about as it would heal fine. After several visits...

Last reply
  • Hearing after cholesteatoma surgery

I am 22 and was told I have cholesteatoma yesterday. Even after getting recurrent infections in my right ear once every year for the last 6 years I did not think a condition of this nature would exist. So it came as a major shock to me! I know it is rare but if not treated can cause many complications....

Last reply
  • Chlosteatoma surgery, leaking stitches!! please help!

Hi, My girlfriend had chlosteatoma surgery a week and three days ago, everything seems to be healing pretty well. Then about two nights ago she woke up in a little pool of blood/fuild leaking from her dissolvable stitches which smells like the disinfection pack in her ear. Is it normal the have a leak...

Last reply
  • scl scl

cholesteatoma op & recovery

When my 14 year old son was diagnosed with cholesteatoma last year, I rushed home & searched the internet for information. I found a very good site that explained in more detail what I had been told by his consultant & this one giving people's experiences (perfectly understandably...

Last reply
  • Please help cholsemetoma

I have a cholsemetoma, and have been putting off surgery for 5 years as I'm petrified of hospitals and going under. The last few days I have been getting the worst dizziness and I'm really worried

Last reply
  • 6 year old daughter recently diagnosed

Hi there, My daughter has been having chronic blood and smelly discharge from her ear for over a year.  She has recently had a CT scan which shows a cholesteatoma.  She is scheduled for surgery in March.  Her hearing is below average in the affected ear and I was wondering if her hearing...

Last reply
  • Cholesteatoma - Numbness

Hi there,  I am 24 years old and have recently been diagnosed with "the monster". I have suffered with ear problems for as long as i can remember, I've had endless amounts of grommets inserted as a child and as an adult i have had 2 myringoplasty/tympanoplasty operations.  I...

Last reply
  • Something like mucus on my throat

Hi everyone, Life was running all fine till the day I felt like there's something stuck on the back of my throat, and it has been exactly a month today. At first, I just ignored it, thinking it was phlegm and would go away within a day or two. After some days, as the problem persisted, I visited...

Posted
  • PreOp symptoms and coping

I have been dealing with ear pain, pressure and fullness since the beginning of may. After 3 antibiotics and 2 steroids I made my way to the ent who poked a hole in my drum and tried to drain and vacuum. Noticed something that wouldn't come out and put me on some drops and more steroids. 2 months...

Last reply
  • Popping and muffled sounds in ear after chelesteotoma surgery

I had a chelesteotoma surgery and repaired eardrum about 5 weeks ago and I just went back to working out and when I was doing exercises that raised my heart rate my ear starting popping and sound felt muffled and I could hear my breathing out of that ear. Should I be worried. I'm calling the doctor...

Last reply
  • Long life cholesteatoma sufferers

HI..I am a veteran of cholesteatoma.Had 9 surgeries .Lost all the hearing because of being misdiagnosed for 20 years.Now I am 41, waiting for a surgery to repair one labirinthine fistula (which gives me bad vertigo) on the right ear.On the left ear I have cochlear implant that needs to be replaced because...

Last reply
  • Plz help I'm worried

So for the last 4 months I have been having sinus issues sore throut eye pain ear pains not bad dough and ringing nice and both sides of mastoid bone ache and have a small swollen lymph nodes I'm a healthy 26 year old male. Doc says not to worry and said it's allergies but I've never had...

Posted
  • Congeital cholesteatoma

My 14 year old son had  poor hearing in one ear and as his speech was absolutely normal it was not detected until he was 7. After many appointments -mainly because I was in denial that there was anything wrong -a scan confirmed a congenital chloesteatoma. They new itwas this beacause he has never...

Last reply
  • Surgery in 3 weeks time, what to expect when recovering?

Hi, i was diagnosed in 2016. i have my surgery in 3 weeks time on March 27th. I am absolutely terrified. Its hard not knowing what to expect when you wake up. my main concern is if it effects my facial nerve and not knowing how my hearing will be. ​is anyone who has already had their surgery able to...

Last reply
  • I had a successful mastoid surgery, can I help anyone?

In March I made a post on this talking of how fearful I was for I had been diagnosed with Cholesteatoma, reading over it brought back alot of memories of how scared I really was and how at the age of 14 I was left uneducated on my diagnosis dismissed as being merely a kid who was likely to not understand....

Last reply
  • External canal cholesteatoma anyone?

Hi anyone, its been over 2 years since I first went to my GP with ear ache, deafness and worst of all the feeling of something alive crawling around in my ear canal. Treatment by anti biotics and monthly syringing was my initial treatment not the best course of action for c'toma but hey why should...

Last reply
  • White chunks, tinnitus and pressure

Hi all I see the consultant again on 11 April. Will have microsuction as my ears are so blocked. I have dug out some huge white dry chunks and that gave some relief, but it's building up daily. I'm really worried about my facial nerve as my face on the ctoma side feels weird - like cold. My...

Posted
  • Pain in Jaw after mastoidectomy/tympanoplasty

I am 41 and had smelly drainage out of my right ear for decades and I was always prescribed ear drops and sent home...Finally a PA looked and didn't know what she was looking at so she sent me to ENT...She saw cholesteotoma right away and I had surgery on my right ear January 13th it is now the end...

Posted
  • My experience with Cholesteatoma

Hi everyone i just want too share my experience with cholesteatoma, due to the fact when i was diagnosed with it, i really couldn't find much on the internet about it. It was a very confusing thing for me to mentally deal with. My name is ben and throughout my whole child hood life, i had continuos...

Last reply
  • Family history of ctoma

hi again My maternal uncle has had ear probs all his life he now has hearing aids - he is 65 my mum mentioned my issues to him today and he had a ctoma on the attic of his canal about 15 years ago and has ongoing issues. Does this think run on families I wonder. Anyone else has any experience...

Last reply
  • Cholesteatoma- 7 year old

Our 7 year old girl has just been diagnised with cholesteatoma. We have been worried constantly. Please someone help us. We are looking for a good surgeon for the operation. We live in Hertfordshire. Does anyone have any ideas?

Last reply
  • Just diagnosed

Hi I've just been diagnosed with a cholesteatoma and have had the ct scan and hearing test done and just waiting the results which I should get this week. I was under the impression that the surgery would be done pretty quick like within a couple weeks but after reading a few things on here it seems...

Last reply
  • Cholesterol Granduloma

has anyone had a Choesterol Granduloma? If so did you have surgery to treat. I may have one but they were able to determine because of all the fluid in my ear. I did have a tube in ear which drained bloody discharge for about a year

Posted
  • About tininitus

Hi all.... one day in the month of October, suddenly I heard a noice in my head which was strange. Initially, i had a hope that it would go away but it did not go. I was depressed and anxious and could not attent my ca exams due to this nonsense sound which was there for 24 hours and never let me to...

Posted
  • a myringoplasty

My daughter just had a myringoplasty 3 weeks Tuesday she had her check up but doctor dint take packing out he said was dissolvable but I thought it hat to come out?? She has had 3 sets of grommets in her left ear and not 1 in the right as she had a hole in she had her Adeniods out too! But when she had...

Last reply
  • Balance problems after my Cholesteatoma operation

Hi I had an operation to remove a Chlesteatoma six weeks ago,,,I want to now return to work but I am suffering from balance problems and have a tight feeling downtrend side of my face when I eat,has anybody experienced the same symptoms and what was the recovery time from the balance issue as everything...

Last reply
  • Missing ear canal - what are the risks?

Hi, I was born with an aural atresia. (absent ear canal) I've had a mastoidectomy in that ear and they have tried to open it up about 12 years ago but failed as it closed up. It concerns me that I must have an open space inside. Where does all the wax go? Am I likely to get a cholesteatoma or other...

Last reply
  • Will mastoidectomy relive my symptoms related to c-toma?

For a few years, my left ear has a blocked, 'dense' feeling, alike to being submerged in water. It comes and go, but recently it worsen and I feel it daily. Doctor diagnosed that I have c-toma and recommended mastoidectomy surgery. But I am not sure if this surgery will completely relieve this...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.