vestibular

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi, im hoping someone out there can help me.

15 years ago i had an operation on my right ear for cholesteatoma, after two weeks recovery everything went back to normal.

Four years ago i got another cholesteatoma in my left ear, but it had created a fistula (hole) in my lateral semi circular canal, leaving me with some permanent disabilities, Bobbing when i am walking. The only way i can describe the symptom is watching through a camcorder with no stabilization.

after 3 months of work it took a further year to get used to my symptoms and lead a fairly normal life.

Since then i have had two more operations on my left ear from reoccurring cholesteatomas.

I was lucky enough to be able to exercise and even do a couple of half marathons a year, then it all changed a year ago .

My new symptoms are constant disorientation and have been suffering with episodes of nystagmus which can last up to two hours. constant dizziness, cant go out and run, struggling to go to work.

I have looked up menieres disease, thinking i might have this, so i've cut out a lot of sodium, Caffeine, but still no joy.

I've seen two ent surgeons and they have both told me there is nothing they can do for me and that they don't think its menieres disease.

Is there anyone who have these symptoms or have any light they can shine on it.

I am at the point where I might have to give up working and driving as its so debilitating day to day.

Thanks Scott

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.