Chocking sensation

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi i am having this horrible chocking sensation in my throat which is really annoying me it feels like there is something stuck in the middle of my throat is there someone who is getting this sensation and how to cope this

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Your not gonna choke try not to worry it's a very common symptom of anxiety
  • Posted

Hi again, yes I too have this tonight, I feel like I've a dry cough and it's making me gag like a choking sensation. I hoping too it's the aniexty .

Try drinking a cup of freshly boiled water, slightly cooled may help x

• Posted

Thanks dapkh well yes i am on medication citalopram10 mg and xanax 0.5 mg i am in my 5th week waiting for them to kick in lol well i have to say i am alot better than before but still not perfectly good
  • Posted

Its called globus sensation. I've had it since Oct 2014. Its caused from anxiety my ent doc assured me of this. I just had a polyp removed last week and there's nothing stuck in my throat. Try to relax do some breathing it does help or do some meditation.. Hope this helps xx
  • Posted

I have a feeling of my throat tightening where I feel I can't breathe and it's very scary but apparently a very common side effect of anxiety

I agree I have found by trying to stay calm and using breathing techniques it generally helps a bit and drinking water as it goes down ur throat it almost helps knowing it's not closed

I am hoping when the meds kick im and I start cbt this will all become easier x

• Posted

I was just going through this a few hours back. In the moment, it's hard to accept it is anxuety because it is so scary, but im sure that's all it is. You unfortunately just have to be patient with amxiety and ride it out. Take long deep breaths through your nose since when you have that sensation it feels like you can't breath to well through your mouth. Just tell yourself, if I am able to post on this forum, then I'm breathing fine. If you weren't breathing fine I'm sure you wouldnt be on here. I know it's scary but let it pass.

xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.