Chocolate cyst on left ovary

Posted , 3 users are following.

After months of problems and pain I have just been diagnosed with a chocolate cyst, 3.5 cm.  I am 41 and been on menapause for 5 years so they have decided to remove with keyhole surgery.  I will have the operation within a month.  My Ca125 blood results are rising and they have just done some further blood tests as well.  Any advice would be really helpful.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Anne

I had a 7 x 5 x 5 chocolate cyst or edometriona removed by keyhole surgery just over a year ago. The rising CA125 is probably causing this although you could possibly have endometriosis which is often not diagnosed until surgery....nothing to worry about.

What would you like to know ? I know it's a scary time so will help all I can.

Allyson x

• Posted

Hi Allyson

Thanks for the reply.  The surgeon did say I might have Endometriosis and they would burn away in the operation.

I am suffering from bad stomach pains, bloating and constipation.  Did you suffer with this as well?

My Mum had  these problems years ago but they said it was scar tissue so makes me wonder if she had endometriosis as well.

They said they wanted send cyst for biopsy so that worries me a bit.

Did you recover quickly, I think I may only be off work 2 weeks.

Thanks Anne x

• Posted

Hi Anne

Yes I did...bloated stomach, indigestion, pain in my leg and back.

I had some endometriosis burnt off too. I had to have my left fallopian tube and ovary removed as the cyst was attached and if there is a query over what the cyst is they won't take a risk on nicking it when they remove it in case it leaks into your body

I like to think I am pretty tough and was determined to drive within a couple of days but on all honesty I couldn't get behind the wheel of a car for three weeks.

As for the biopsy this us completely routine and that did it to mine..

Anything else you would like to know ease ask as I know what it's like and his scary it can be.

Allysonx

• Posted

I just had surgery on Thursday to remove a 7 cm cyst, both of my ovaries, both Fallopian tubes and a d&c. The surgery was a breeze. In at 11:15 and out by 12:30 and home by 2:00 with very very little discomfort. I was also in menopause so they took both of my ovaries and the d&c was because my uterine wall was thicker than it should have been for a woman in menopause. I can honestly say the only discomfort was from the gas they pumped into my stomach for the surgery made me a little uncomfortable and a little burning sensation from the catheter that was put in after I was out and removed before I woke up. This is nothing to be nervous about so try to stay calm, I worried way more than I should have. Today I am bored and ready to get out of the house! Let me know if you have any questions at all, I would be happy to answer any that I can to put your mind at ease.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.