Choledochal cyst

Posted , 9 users are following.

I am assuming no one here can offer wisdom with this, because it's rare. Has anyone had or have choledochal cysts or cyst? I have a big surgery coming called roux n y hepaticojujunocomy (sp). I was seeing if anyone has had this surgery. Thank you for reading 💜

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi,

I was diagnosed with a Choledochal Cyst 2 years ago. It was picked up accidentally as I was scanned to see if i had PSOS (trying to determine why I was always bothered with acne)

I'm turning 30 this year and run my own dance studio. I do a lot of dance teaching myself so the news of having to get a major bowel surgery to remove the cyst was very terrifying as it means taking a very long time off work... something not easy as a self employed dancer! I have no symptoms that stand out, just always been the way I am. Always had looser stools and always had skin problems.

Did you have your surgery?

Mines was originally supposed to be 2 years ago but was postponed because Surgeon wanted second opinions. I postponed it last year as i was getting married. Due to be this year. I struggled a lot trying to make a decision as I'm scared of possible complications because of the surgery but I'e decided to go ahead as cancer is something I dont want to risk. Still terrified though.

My surgery will be a large incision down my stomach and along to the left due to the size of my cyst. It also doesn't join my pancreas and I have extra blood vessels. I think them cutting through my core muscles will be the hardest part of recovery physically for me as a dance teacher and active person.

Would love to hear from others with this condition.

Ive attached a picture of my cyst. If anyone has images would also like to see 😃image

• Posted

hi there , i am 54 and female. i have just found out i have choledochal cyst and will be having open surgery soon but do not have a date for it because of covid . I would like know if you have had the surgery and the outcome . My surgery will be at Kings college hospital at denmark hill.

• Posted

hi,

Sorry to hear you have been diagnosed.. hope it isn't causing you bother.

No I've not had my surgery yet either, delayed because of covid... was told late autumn but no date in sight.

• Edited

hello, nice to here from you.

hope your doing well, besides the health issue . what hospital is doing the surgery , mine is kings college at Denmark hill.

i had gallbladder removed in 2014. my cyst was not picked up then even thou i was having problems with food digestion , vomiting and a dilated bile duct which was causing pain. In Feb. this year i had blocked bile duct, with jaundice and had stents put in. My local hospital referred me to kings. but because of lockdown

my appointment was delayed. i had my stents removed two weeks ago , and in a follow up appointment found out i had choledochal cyst type one.

Consultant has said because i dont have cancer, i am not an emergency . therefore i also dont havea date.

But that means that our chance of cancer has increased.

what issues are you having ? i have also had troubled skin all my life.

• Posted

hey,

i hope you are doing well. i have also been diagnosed with choledochal cyst type 1.

Did you have your surgery yet? i am also very terrified and unable to make up my mind on the surgery but I do want to go ahead with it as the future risk is quite big.

you guys have given me hope and some strength. Thank you very much

• Posted

Hello, i hope you're doing well and in good health. i have also been diagnosed with choledochal cyst and i am very stressed and anxious about it. I have not gone through the surgery yet. Just wanted to know how is your life after the surgery and how is your health? thank you so much.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.