Cholesteatoma after surgery...

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I had surgery in March, after 30 years of glue ear I had my first op to remove Cholesteatoma 11 years ago. 

I suffered badly with dizziness and went to the doctors so many times eventually referred back to ENT and CT scan later told them it had returned. 

I waited a YEAR for the op date which took place in March, my recovery was good and I have kept the ear dry.

But I have had so many infections since, particularly facial pain and swelling around my eye and nose. I get a constant headache and sharp tingling pains in the top of my head. I have taken so much time off work and just keep being told this is normal.

Did anyone else suffer with this after? Any advice please as I am getting so down with how I feel I am a mum of two with constant dizziness. 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I had surgery in Oct 17 and have suffered dizziness and pain since, been told it was all sorts even down to Lymphedema, anyway the swelling on and around my scar grew and eventually burst , I went under anaesthetic for them to discover the BIP had been left in my wound . 

We know our own bodies so don’t give up and be persistent 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.