Cholesterol and Angina.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello everyone!

I'm a 35 year old male, and recently my doc said my cholesterol is high. 252 to be exact.

Lately ive experienced angina and wonder if its a complication of this.

I am exercising and eating a low carb, vegetarian diet since i got the news.

My doctor did a sonogram of my heart last year and it was fine.

Is high cholesterol reversible/curable?

Is my chest pain a symptom of it or could it be something worse like coronary artery disease?

Thank you!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi yes with a strict diet and exercise plan cholesterol is definitely reverseable but you need to be under your doctors direction for this, I don't know how how your cholesterol is because you are not in the UK but if your doctor is telling you it's high then obviously it is.

Has your doctor diagnosed angina or are you presuming that's what it is, have you been prescribed medication for both

• Posted

Thank you for your response!

My doctor's office just called me and told me it's high. That's it. That's how they roll here in the states. They then leave me to figure things out on my own.

She didn't care to mention my A1C was 5.8. I had to inquire about it. And so that's why im going low carb.

• Posted

Oh! And i dont know if it's angina or not but its DEFINITELY left side chest pain.

• Posted

There's many things that can ca left side chest pains and most are not angina, in fact middle chest pains are more likely to be angina.

You def need to be checked out so you can be sure what you are dealing with and get appropriate medication to deal with it.

So 5.8 is that your total cholesterol reading

• Posted

The best thing for high cholesterol is excersise then a healthy diet. Also cholesterol lowering spreads and drinks like benecol or you may have an alternative brand name in America can help.

If you are going to change your diet, you should probably see a nutritionist because they can tell you the best diet for high cholesteral. I get chest pain from Quorn products, which are a meat alternative. There are a number of things that can cause left side chest pain other than angina. Anything as serious as CAD would have shown up on your scan last year.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.