Cholesterol at 24 years old

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello everyone,

Just got my test results yesterday and I am worried as hell.

Total Cholestérol is 6.8 or 262

HDL is 48

And triglycerides is 1.95 mmol/L

Basically I am 24 years old turning 25. I am overweight, not fat, and to be honest I don’t excersise, I do not smoke but in the last 6 months I have been drinking heavily to be honest. Not every single day but around 5 days a week. 

I did a test 6 months ago and my total cholesterol was 6.3 and my triglycerides were fine, I wasn’t drinking as much. 

Moreover I realized that my GOT and GPT increased (88,68) 

Can alcohol affect my cholesterol and results significantly, I am very worried I am way too young for this. My father does have cholesterol maybe it might be genetic but at 24??

Please advise me on what to do

Thank you 

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.