Cholesterol levels

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

Recently got blood tests taken and here are the results:

TRIGLYCERIDES 1.37 mmol/L 0.00 - 2.30

CHOLESTEROL *6.34 mmol/L 0.00 - 4.99

HDL CHOLESTEROL *1.88 mmol/L 1.20 - 1.70 LDL

CHOLESTEROL *3.84 mmol/L 0.00 - 3.00 

As a bit of background, I'm female, 49, 7stone 12, 5 ft 2, pretty fit and walk a lot. I'm vegetarian and eat fairly healthy, no high fat/fried foods and a lot of fruit and vegetables.

My HDL ratio is 3.37 and  QRisk2 low. My feeling is that there's not much to worry about and I think my high cholesterol is probably down to genetics, and possibly hormonal imbalances playing their part too. Just wondering if people agree? Struggling to think what I could realistically change about my lifestyle. 

Thanks

2 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I think the last entry should be LDL . You have put cholesterol twice. 

Cholesterol is high , but hdl is also high , so that good. 

HDL ratio is also good. 

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. Yes, you're right the bottom one should say LDL Cholesterol.

Sounds like you agree with me that there isn't really that much to worry about? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.