CHOLESTEROL LEVELS .So many different opinions*****

Posted , 7 users are following.

I understand that most Gps try to  convince us that our cholesteral levels should be below 5. Does anyone/ has anyone come across facts/ studies that give a clearer idea what range is healthy/safe??

1 like, 47 replies

47 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Chris

Your GP Recommend.cholesteral levels should be below 5.

How about my being between 3.4 and 3.6, yet was prescribed 40mg.Atorvastatin. Started have muscle cramps. Reduced to 20mg. still the same problems.

The question is do I need the statin? if yes what for. Our body do require Chlorestrol. IT is actually made in our lever everynight. From what I understand, the statin, in general actually interfer with this process, They lower the Chlorestrol, even the HDL, this benificial type.

Well my cardiologist and GP prescribed to me, probably blindfolded.

I am really amazed to read about the problems, that statin has caused people on this forum. The damage sometimes are permanent.

Very scarry.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.