Cholinergic urticaria

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all, I've had this urticaria for over 25 years now. Health professionals have just pushed me towards anti-histamines and said there's nothing more that can be done, and I would eventually grow out of it. Well guess what? I'm 43 now and no change. I manage by simply expecting it to flare up during and after exercise. I'd now like to try changing my diet so am looking for suggestions from you lovely people that have already seen success. Thanks in advance.

Rich

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I don't think there is anything in our power that can cure this anything you do can help but not cure.  I tried everything under the sun.  You will realize that you stop eating one thing then it will help a bit then you realize it's something else.  For awhile i practically stopped eating all together even that didn't help until i got the zolair shots i've had them for 10 months and i can live with this now.  It is now controllable wheras before it wasn't.  I get flare ups with stress and eating to much deserts specially choc and also coffee it seems to build up in my system.. well i hope this helps

• Posted

Thanks for sharing. I'll add coffee and chocolate to the list. Fun times ahead!

• Posted

I also have been suffering with hives for a long time. Should probably own stock in Benadryl. My allergist put me on mega antihistamines which did nothing. Called her yesterday and she ordered Zantac. Thought I misunderstood her but I will try anything, woke up this morning without one hive.
  • Posted

Hi I’m 19 and I’ve had chologernic uticaria for a year now and I have become extremely depressed and has without a doubt ruined my life. I have been on a lot of medications and slowly but surely changing my medications. I’ve recently been to London to see the best demonology department in England and they are now increasing my medication and will be changing it. I have been on Ceritizine which did nothing I was then moved on to a mix of fexofenidine and ranitidine once a day. After London they increased my dose of Fexofendine to 4 a day and 2 Ranitidine as well as 1 Montelukast a day. Only been on it a week but I was told to also have Oxibutin after I had been on it for 2 weeks (currently been on increased meds for 1 week) but if this doesn’t work then I will be moving to Danazol injections which hopefully will work as my quality of life is so low. I hope this helps it’s annoying to know that some medication doesn’t work and that you have to go through the process of letting it adapt to your body to see wether the medication will work or not, what I do suggest it though is to get in touch with your gp and get them to refer you to a dermatologist ASAP Please message back if you have questions! Good luck 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.