Chondromalacia cortisone?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Ive just been to see my Consultant and he has confirmed that i have condromalacia. He has suggested cortisone injections.

Has anyone had them? did they work? how long did the pain relief last for?

Having done a quick bit of research online there seems to be varied opinions so any advice would my much appreciated.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

HI sarah! what grade is your chondromalicia?! and do you a meniscus tear? my mri showed chondromalicia patella hrade 1 AND degenerative medial meniscus tear grade 2 AND all drs advised me for strenghtening my leg muscles. NO injections or definitely surgery

• Posted

Hi

He didnt actually grade it at all but did say i have a meniscus tear as well.

Wishing i'd asked him about the grading now, hopefully when i get a copy of his letter it will say.

Do you find that the exercises help?

• Posted

worked for me for maybe two injections; after that, it did not. It's hit and miss with those injections.

• Posted

I have had 2 or 3 but they don't last that long.May be 3 or 4 weeks.You won't normally get given more than 3 a year.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.