Chris

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi im having a recacele and cystacele repair how painful is if post op ? And is a nightie better than pjs for hospital stay ?

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi chris yes you will need a nightie due to having a cathatar over night.

I didnt have much pain with anterior but the back wall is meant to be a bit more psinfull. You will be finex

• Posted

Hi Chris - I had Cystocele repair 7 days ago. 

I only used nighties in hospital as you will have a catheter in and a pad on with a pack that they need to keep checking. 

• Posted

forgot to say that after the initial night where I had pain relief I haven't had much pain 

• Posted

Hi Chris 

I had a hysterectomy and rectocoele 6 weeks ago. I found the repair quite painful but the hospital gave me plenty of pain relief and I have kept up with this when I got home. Make sure you don’t get constipated, again hospital will give you something for this and rest, rest and more rest when you get home. 

You will need a nightie and you will have a catheter and a vaginal pack in after the op which should be removed that night or next morning. 

You will be fine so try not to worry x

• Posted

HI Chris. I too had a total hysterectomy and rectocele repair few years ago. I would recommend nighties for the accessibility for cathetar and packing removal. It's so important to keep the bowels moving so drink lots of water and plenty of fibre in your diet. No point saying it's not painful but the hospital will prescribe painkillers and would recommend soft cushion for sitting on for a while. You'll be fine otherwise, best of luck. 😉

• Posted

The rectocyle is by far the worst of this procedure. Although for the first 6 days or so I was very uncomfortable feeling like I was stuff with a cactus from all the stitches. As time went on I found the because the bowels are active it put a lot of discomfort on the back. Some time around week 6 or 7 I was able to function ( on light duty) without any constant reminder (pain or swelling) of the surgery. I suggest a gown and diapers or thick pads for several weeks.
  • Posted

Hi Chris

I just wore a hospital gown. You're be wearing a catherter so anything that gives easy access and free movement - I had next to NO pain at all after my recotocele and cystocele repair 3 weeks post op now. Hard to stay on my feet for long but still hardly any pain at all. I also had some scar tissue removed down there. My most painful part was having the pack removed the next day. I also discharged myself after one day hopsital stay as wasn't getting any rest at night in hopsital. You'll be completely fine pain wise. Keep the meds topped up. I'm finding the hardest thing is doing nothing in the recovery period. But I have a 2.5 year old so...

All the best.

• Posted

I meant you'll not you're. Also can't feel my stitches at all.

• Posted

Hi, yes definitely take a nightie, i inly took pjs that was a big mistake, cause u have a catheter after the op, ppst op pain was more soreness than unbearable pain, i was having pain relief every 3 hours in hospital and the first week home then only as i needed it, im 5 weeks post op and still take panadeine forte in the afternoon for aching, just make sure to take bowel softeners and stuff to help you go, goodluck 🙂

• Posted

Thank you will deffinitly get a nightie 😊

• Posted

Thank you and hope your soon feeling more yourself

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.