chris45

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi 

i've been in hospital over the weekend, after much prodding and a ct scan ive been told that i have a boderline size (6cm) cyst on my ovary which is also borderline cancerous...

also now been told that i now have to wait for 8-12 weeks while a bunch of people decide what to do about it.

should i be scared?

i was discharged from hospital half an hour after being told this...

any advice would be much appreciated.]thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Christine

If I were you I would be on the

Phone to my gp and get their opinion. If it is

Borderline and they wAit that long is

There a chAnce that it can advance

From

That status . Disgusting that they discharged you without discussing all

This and put your mind at risk . The nhs do a two week urgent referral if they suspect cancer. I waited 8 weeks from start to op and that

Would have been quicker if there weren't back holidays as my consultant only operates on a Monday. Mine fortunately was benign but they can't be 100 per cent till they op. Xx

• Posted

Chris, I don't think there is any such think as borderline cancer - it is or it isnt.  If they really believed it was cancer they have to act within 2 weeks, so I think what they told you is nonsense.  Ring the consultants secretary and ask to speak to consultant on phone or in her clinic and tell her nobody has explained fully waht is going on and you need to see somebody quickly.  I had similar sized cyst and my consultant was not sure what it was so she referred by scans to the oncologist team and I was told they would decide what it was within a week - they decided it was a cyst and it was within the week I got that info.  I think you need to be assertive and insist you speak to somebody on this - say to them, I was told it was cancerous (forget the borderline, make them think you understood it was cancer) and so I need somebody to tell me why I am waiting 8 weeks as I believe I have to be seen within two.  somebody will have to speak to you then to explain what the hell is going on.
  • Posted

What makes them think it's 'borderline cancer'? I don't think they can tell that from prodding and doing a scan. Sounds like it's been badly explained to you and they've scared you. So first of all try not to worry. They do mention cancer to most of us I think but as far as I know they can't tell unless they do biopsies and bloods. 

My blood test took over 2 weeks to come back, my CA125 levels were raised so they rushed things through from then on. They took a biopsy when I had my laparotomy so now I'm waiting on that to find out if cancer is present. This result can take weeks and weeks though.

give your GP a ring and ask more questions.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.