CHRISTMAS AND GRANDCHILDREN

Posted , 9 users are following.

Speaking as the wife of  a 2 weeks down the line THR,  I seem to be going through all the anxieties and find everyone really helpful here.  So with two small great grandchildren, our granddaughter has asked us to her house for christmas day.  Bearing in mind all the uplifts on chairs/toilets is that safe?  He hasnt been out at all yet, but the weather is awful.  Taking a walk outside is one hurdle, but what about spending time in another house?  What is the safe time to abandon raised toilet seat etc?  It will be 6 weeks post op by then...He is doing okay and knee swelling gone down, but foot still tends to swell during the day. Staples out 3 days ago.    Thank you for your experience and thoughts.  I know everyone is different, but would still welcome views about christmas with grandchildren,.  By the way were are relatively young great grandparents!  though dont feel it at the moment...

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I spent the weekend at my friends beach house at around 6 weeks- no raised toilet seats etc.. I did fine. It was pouring rain all weekend and there were several other people staying there with us- no kids- so it was cold and crazy and wet! But I did ok. He should be fine to go at 6 weeks!
  • Posted

Hi I've been out at week 1&2 and managed without Loo seat. He'll be absolutely fine by 6 weeks. Go and enjoy! Sure u need the break too! My poor hubby is shattered & I'm 4 weeks PO ! Xx
  • Posted

Thanks everyone..   Good to see all these positive comments.  We shall pack up everything as suggested and go!   He is already quite steady on one crutch so by then I'm sure will be fine . I think I am a bigger worrier than he is.  thanks you all
    • Posted

The next few weeks are the ones where you see

real improvement. You will be surprised day by day

how better he will be. 2weeks is very soon after the

op, now you've decided update us near to Christmas

Day..

Cathie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.