Christmas Pain ( or getting ready for Xmas pain )

Posted , 6 users are following.

So my wife has been  chasing me to clear our spare down stairs  room before Xmas so I  decided to turn it into a new dining  room  / art room for my 15 year old daughter. 

So today I hit it head on after we had words about  it, I was in a lot of pain before I started having been in bed when she got home about 1pm and with a short break at 5:30 I finished for now at 9pm, I am now lying in bed in agony from head to toe. I know it's my own fault for carrying on when I was in so much pain but being a stubborn git at times but this kind of thing used to be so easy to do.

So for my stubbornness I'm going to struggle for days. 

I just hope it is worth all the pain.

So anyway I know it's a bit early but merry Christmas to you all from the Isle of Man. 

2 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hello Graham,

Merry Christmas to you too!  That is the thing about Fibro, if you push yourself you know you will suffer. Sometimes, I think it has to done. Now you must rest and tke care of yourself. You live in a lovely place, Isle of Man, holidayed there for quite a few years, and really enjoyed the TT races.

Take care, Anne

• Posted

Hello Graham,

Merry Christmas to you too!  That is the thing about Fibro, if you push yourself you know you will suffer. Sometimes, I think it has to done. Now you must rest and tke care of yourself. You live in a lovely place, Isle of Man, holidayed there for quite a few years, and really enjoyed the TT races.

Take care, Anne

• Posted

Thanks Anne.

I am heavily involved with the TT Races and pushed myself to far during this year's event as well.

It is a lovely place to live and to holiday in.

We all know that we push ourselves now and then I hope that this post will help a few of us to think about how far we are able to push our body.

• Posted

Hi there

You sound like me my hubby managed to slice the top of his two fingers off when prepping vegtables with the slicer and its on the hand he uses most so i have just got craking and like you im a very stubbon mare but it had to be done the pain yesterday was terrible and with two broken toes as well i just worked through it but suffered terrible instead of getting my normally 1 and half hours sleep last night all i managed was half an hour and i cant sleep durring day and that so not good im up to see my specalist today and i feel awaful at moment, but life goes on and so i have to mandle through some how , So a Merry christmas to you from Bonny Scotland 

• Posted

I'm stuck in bed still as I can't feel my feet and my ribs/shoulder and neck are absolutely killing me, I've got to get up as my Scottish neighbour is going to take some stuff to the tip for me. They are from  pennygook  (that's how he pronounces it anyway ) Haha......

Have a great Christmas 

• Posted

Hi there hun

I hope your pain eases soon hun I dont know that area but it is proably miles away from me i am in Falkirk west Lothian area

All the best Cherl

• Posted

Yes I think it's about 10 miles north of Edinburgh.

I'm sat down now thinking that I am only half way through the work that Needs to be done before Xmas 

• Posted

Hi Graham

I do sympathise with you as I know exactly what you mean. I am a sixty one year old woman who was fit and up to two years ago looked after my mum who had dementia entirely on my own and believe me I had to be fit to do that as she couldnt even stand unsupported. Then almost from the minute she died  I started getting these unbearable pains everywhere. It was the cause of it my doctors think...emotional trauma. But like you I am also a 'stubborn git' and I try and carry on as before then suffer for it. I get so frustrated when I can't do my own things even although my husband offers to do them it's not the same. But I am starting (very slowly) to delegate the changing of curtains, the hanging out the washing and all the other things involved in keeping a nice clean home.But I still sneakily do certain things when he is at work and when he gets in and I am knackered and in pain I get no sympathy ha ha!I am trying to stop thinking about what I was like before and accepting who I am now. It's really the only way or depression will kick in. I wouldnt like that again believe me. Hope this helps you to know you are not suffering alone and that there's always tomorrow to finish a job. Merry Christmas to you and a not too painful new year!  Lin in Edinburgh x

• Posted

The worst thing for me apart from the fact I  am like this, is that I keep injuring myself so I am feeling like I am never getting on top of the whole thing.

A few weeks ago my hand slips off the arm of the sofa....Two cracked ribs and a dislocated shoulder. Then yesterday I hit my thumb with a hammer. 

Tonight I was taking my daughters to a dinner / dance as I leaned into the car to release the seat to allow one of the girls in and bang, it hits me in the side of the head hurting my already very sore neck.

comical really. ...you couldn't write it if you tried 

hey Ho Ho Ho

onwards and upwards I hope for all of  us struggling with this dabilitating curse 

• Posted

Well Graham,

You sound like a bit of a disaster zone! On a more serious note, I wonder if you have to push yourself to do these things, or would it be better to always play safe? i do push myself to see what will happen, and it's rarely good! How do others cope?

Take care, Anne

• Posted

"Disaster " -YEP

I do push myself but maybe the pain management course will teach me to be a different person.

I Find It so difficult to be like this I used to ride around on my mountain bike and push myself so hard about  4 time's a week 

• Posted

Merry Christmas.

I am exactly the same. Had a busy week last week, as well as working full time I am studying for a level 3 nvq. Completely overdid it and suffering for it today. Very tired and very sore back, defiantly need to start listening to my body again.

Hope you are feeling brighter now

Laura

• Posted

I strapped my ribs and shoulder against the latest medical advice and feel much better as I can control my breathing better.

I hope you have chilled out today ready for the inevitable tough week ahead.

I'm off to Liverpool by car/plane & taxi on Thursday for a consultation to see if I qualify for the pain management course so the week will be ending quite tough but hopefully with a positive outcome  

• Posted

Hi

I have Osteo and kypho scoliosis and spinal stenosis.....not fibro yet wink

but its arthritis and they are all the same as far as pacing yourself is concernedfrown

Hope the pain management helps but if your like me i doubt itcheesygrin

I'm a volunteer for arthritis care {North East} and I tell people loads of things when they come withg questions....but do I do them my self   NOwink

Its a matter of "do as i say not as I do"........I'm the worse person at pacing that you have come across   cheesygrin

Love

Eileen   UK

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.