Chrohn's and No solution

Posted , 1 user is following.

I am writing for my wife as she is giving up looking for answers.

She was diagnosed with crohn's last year. She was just recently diagnosed with venous reflux in her legs. She is constantly dealing with bloating, constipation, pain and leg cramps at night. She was taking medicine for a slow thyroid but since last time she did blood work they said the levels were fine, they took her off that. She is on Budesonide(?steroid for crohns) and it helped very little. She happened to take prednisone for a cold last week and it helped a ton.

It seems like none of the doctors talk to each other. She is seeing a blood doctor, GI, Cardiac(for veins) and her primary. They all seem to say the typical stuff. Stop eating badly. She literally only eats certain vegetables and chicken now. I have not seen her in this much pain or this depressed over it. I feel like all these symptoms are pointing to something more that each doctor cant see because they only focus on their field.

She has had the range of tests, MRI, CT, Colon/endoscopy. The only things they've found were a mild distension of the small colon and irritation in the small colon(which is where she got her crohns diagnosis). At one time she was anemic and low thyroid hormones. those have apparently gone away. SHe had endometriosis at one time and had a hysterectomy.

Can anyone help direct us on what to do now? Does this add up with crohn's?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.