chronic 2 year dizziness but want to try exercise

Posted , 5 users are following.

What kind of exercise is safe when I am dizzy with some palpitations and difficulty catching breath with no diagnoses except autoimmune hoshimotos disease?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I Would say an excellent and safe exercise is Tai Chi.  I have gone through all the VRT exercises over 6 years, and didn't have any benefit from them.they are meant to 'desensitise' your by repeating over and over, but Tai Chi Is very gentle and you go at your own speed.  There are some good one on line the site that has videos which not,allowed to,name on here. Look,at,ones for beginners.

• Posted

Okay so two things: Because of your age, your symptoms sound as if they're perimenopausal. If you look up menopause you'll find your symptoms there and maybe you can find natural solutions for it.

As for the exercise, you can do low impact. I do the elliptical and the bike. The treadmill & step make me dizzy. But you need to try and see what works best for you and make sure you don't go fast. Also, you can do weights, what worked best for me were the kettle bells. Arm weights made me dizzy. You can also try tone & abs classes if you're at a gym.

• Posted

Hi Tasha are you on any medication to help your condition? How dizzy are you? Cinnazine is good at controlling dizziness but you would have to check against other medications. Try walking maybe just 10mins and see how you feel. Some seated to standing squats from your sofa try 5 to start. Do some balance exercise. Stand on one leg then the other 8 seconds. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.