Chronic aching head pressure/tension, jaw tension , Brain fog.....

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello everyone, 

I have been suffering tremendous head pain in the form of pressure/ tension for 2 years now. 

What happened was that I had an anxiety attack where I needed to get school work done before the deadline, but was completely sapped of energy due to excess sleep deprivation. I forced myself to stay awake and get the work done by unconsciously clenching my jaw muscles, breathing irregularly, sort of fidgeting in my chair, and letting my mind run a mile an hour to name a few, thereby not allowing my brain to shut off.

When I went to bed after eventually getting the work done I slept so poorly. And from that day on I have been feeling so much aggravating pressure in my head that I can't think and function properly anymore. My jaw is full of tension 24-7, and I can't keep a straight face while breathing without holding all that tension. When I consciously try to let go of the tension, I involuntarily jolt either my head or my legs ( and there is always a kind of "clicking/ knocking noise" in my head associated with it ) 

I stoped working, taking college classes, seeing friends etc, as this condition is simply too painful and debilitating. 

What can this be, anyone ?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, well I first suggest you see a Dr and try to get a plan to deal with it.  Lack of sleep can contribute massively to any condition.

It sounds like you need some muscle relaxant to release the tension, but it will cause drowsiness, so watch out for this.

First step though, go see your Dr and get a plan. 

Good luck and best wishes, take care and let us know how you get on

• Posted

This problem has been going on for two years already and I've seen several (at least 20 or so) therapist, psychologist, psychiatrists and the likes of them, both on the german economy ( I live in Germany), as well as on the military base.

They all are clueless and can't give me a diagnosis but simply prescribe medications which haven't helped what so ever. Here are a list of medications I've tried so far. (probably not even all but some I remember)

Promethazine (10mg)

Ambien  (zolpidem)

Seroquel (quetiapine)

Lunesta (eszopiclone)

Sonata  (Zaleplon)

Rameron (mirtazapine)

olanzapine (Zyprexa)

verapamil 

buspirone (buspar)

Topiramate (Topamax)

amireiptyline (Elavil) - Currently taking 

• Posted

I forgot Sumatriptan (100mg)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.