Chronic anal fissure.

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am having sharp buttock and back pain before and after bowel movement.

suffering from a chronic fissure for 4 months. i never had burning sensation in my anus before. now its burning after bowel movement. the pain usually used to start after half an hour of my bowel movement. now its before and after my bowel movement and my muscle becomes so tight.

is it fissure or something else? thanks in advance

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

yes, sounds like fissure spasms.

have you tried diltiazem or rectogesic creams?

• Posted

i tried diltiazem for 3 months, i was fine. i stopped after i thought my fissure is healed. suddenly one day my muscle went spasm and the pain came back. i thought its the effect of discounting diltiazem . i am scared to use it again. sometimes it feels like burning and sharp scratchy all over my rectum. i never had sharp back pain before bowel movement, now i experience sharp back and buttock pain before and after my bm, especially in the morning .no blood btw. i did my sigmoidoscopy few days ago, doctor told me that the fissure is there.. i feel pressure in my rectum and pain caused by muscle spasm. do you think its fissure or something else like pelvic floor problem?

• Posted

hi, i have the same issue . i am in so much pain, have no idea whats going on.

are you male or female?

• Posted

as your fissure is still there and you feel tight, did your doc not mention LIS to you? that would help get rid of the spasms and heal the fissure

• Posted

Can I ask? Is anal fissure on the inside or outside of the anus? I have wounds and my anus is swollen on the outside. When i go to the bathroom to take a poop it is so painful. Is that anal fissure?

• Posted

inside.

yes, it causes sharp pain during a bm and/or bleeding.

some people also get pain after bm that lasts several hours.

• Posted

it doesn't last the pain in me for several hours after I bm only when I'm pooping. And it doesn't bleed.

• Posted

it's probably a fissure but best to get it examined by a doctor

• Posted

Suffered for 13 years. Did sitz baths, use murilax daily, apply Beaudreaux Butt Paste. All gave relief but no cure.

THIS IS WHAT IS WORKING FOR ME:

1. clean area gently
    2. apply thimblefull of vaseline to area, insert some inside if possible
    3. protect underwear with paper napkin or pad
    4. repeat above about 12 times daily
    5. continue for 4 weeks.

I am a week and a half into this treatment and have achieved incredible results. No more pain of blood spotting. Able to clean area similar to pre-fissure. I believe the fissure is actually healing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.