Chronic anal fissure surgery

Posted , 2 users are following.

HI ALL

IVE SUFFERED A CHRONIC ANAL FISSURE FOR A YEAR N HALF NOW

I HAD A CALL TODAY AND BEEN ALLOCATED A OPERATION DATE FOR THE 9th JULY

IM SO READY TO SEE THE BACK OFF THIS AWFUL PAIN IVE ENDURED EVERYDAY ALLDAY FOR MONTHS

HAS ANYONE HAD THE OP AND GOT ANY ADVICE PLEASE

IM EXTREMELY SCARED AND ANXIOUS IVE NEVER HAD A OP BEFORE OR BEEN PUT UNDER GA

IM IN THE UK BY THE WAY

I REALLY HOPE THERES LIGHT AT END OF THE TUNNEL ON THIS HORRIFIC ANAL FISSURE JOURNEY

THANKS FOR READING

LOUISE

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

hi Louise didn't have the operation but I'm going private and will get it done soon I hope. can only tell you tho I've had done another operation with general anesthetic and can only tell you its the best sleep you're goin to have for the rest of your life. . once I woke up I did ask the nurse if I could do it again. felt so rested its unbelievable don't fear it. I was scared too, really scared and the nurse started to talk to me once they were giving me the injections. and then I woke up. didn't even realise I felt asleep

• Edited

hi

ive heard alot of people say that funnily enough

alot of my aniexty from GA is my brother never came round after sedation and it took his life allthou he was very poorly and had muscular dystrophy it sticks in my mind ... silly i know as the circumstances were very different

but this surgery is a must ive suffered enough now and want my life back

counting down the days now

hope you get the op as i think once you go past 8 weeks with a fissure the likely hood off it healing is low and it just gets worse as time goes on

• Posted

I understand tho why you got scarred by it. and sorry about your loss. at the moment I'm dealing with a fissure plus 2 fistula. used the glycerin ointment which took away the spasms after the bm . but still dealing with other problems , the worse I believe is gone, but Cant stand up or walk for too long. after 15 minutes ill have to sit down or the burning starts. hope everything goes alright with you. my surgeon told me to do the botox. next time I see him I will say to him I want to do the l

• Posted

ouch poor you

i have piles alongside the fissure

ive never felt pain like it

ive been off sick from work since march as like you i cant mobilize for long at all i spent most of my days laying down even then im still in pain but more bareable

my surgeon was reluctant to do botox as success rate is low and i told him i didnt want that anyway i just want the surgery he did have to warn me i could become incontinent later in life i said i dont care later on i want to enjoy my life now as a young woman and that was it all booked in

thankyou its been ten years since hes been gone

he was only 21

but i got to remember his heart was weak and he was very poorly

ive got to be a big girl and stop being silly

who would of thought something so small could be so deliberating and ruin ones life

fissures are just awful

i hope you get the surgery as it sounds you need it

i will of course keep this going and update my progress etc

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.