Chronic Anxiety or What?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Anyone feels the same thing as I do here? it's been 5 months now that i have this feeling, it started from the numbness on the left side of my head and there is a tingling sensation. one night I cant sleep because i am so worried about it thinking that i have a brain tumor. I suffered also a numbness in my neck pressure on my scalp like a tight band around my head. being terrified what is happening in me, I went to a neurologist, had a check up but it came normal. he gave me amitriptyline drugs for 15 days. After i took those meds, i cant sleep for almost 3 nights. i went back to my doctor and he told me to continue my medicine for 1 month which is amitriptyline (taking the medicine made me fine a little but still i can fell pressure around my scalp). Afraid to take the medicine again because thinking that its for the anti depressant and what happened to me ( cannot sleep for a nights) I didn't continue taking it. After 2 months without medicine, feeling not better still. Last week I took an appoinment to another doctor to get a second oipinion. She requested MRI, nerve test, blood test, xray and the results, i have a spinal bulging disc where the bones and muscles has a contracts cause by improper posture. Also I have High cholesterol and high thyroid stimulating hormone. But for all, she told me nothing serious just to correct my posture. But i found it annoying because of the pressure on my neck, it disturbs my activity. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

When I went to my first apointment with my psychologist and I said I was told I might have anxiety and started telling him my symptoms the first thing he asked me was do u get pressure/ biting feeling in head..... It's anxiety... I have it too.... I have it x10 because I also have pressure from my wisdom teeth but so many posts I read on here they complain about the pressure in head too! Don't worry! It goes away
  • Posted

are you feel better now? im so paranoid of this you know.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.