Chronic autoimmune uticara

Posted , 3 users are following.

Good day all ! i just wanted ro say xolair has been a god send for me . i have hypothyroidism , autoimmune disease, ( hashimotos, and another ) i have adrenal insufficiency. No one could figure out what was wrong with me. i was lucky to find an immunologist who knew exactly what it is. i have stayed up many nights in pain with no relief for over q year .My doc did inform me , for my treatment to work , my tsh and t3 levela would have to be controlled . i am so happy xolair has been a life saver ! i take it with a few other prescribed meds . works wonders for me ! so happy

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I too have thyroid disease and arthritus and the dr believes these caused my hives.. I have been on xolair for over 2 years and do not have any hives but occasssionally I do get very itchy and then take a hydrozine or benedryl.. I did try to stop the xolair but the hives came back so I will not be stopping it again.. So glad it works for you as well

• Posted

i have taken the xolair shot for two months

first month hives got smaller then went away for 7 days then back with a vengence 2nd shot there has been no improvement how long where you on xolair @ before you seen improvement

thank you

• Posted

It took me about a year for it all to totally stop.. I went thru what you are going through then all of a sudden it stopped.. I m glad i did not give up.. only thing i have now is itching here and there..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.