CHRONIC BACK PAIN

Posted , 4 users are following.

Is 150mg lyrica at night as effective as 75mg twice a day.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Lyrica only has a half life, so 6.5 hours after last dosage it leaves your system. If you take 75mg in the morning and 75mg at night it stays consistently day to day.

?However, Lyrica does in most people help with chronic pain for a while and then seems not to be as efficient and the dose has to go up. Please research all the side effects possible, and withdrawal effects, fully before you go any further. In my experience this drug does far more than close the pain receptors off in your brain, it affects all your brain chemistry and the central nervous system. Some people have unwanted side effects when taking it and decide to stop - you must never go cold turkey on this drug as this could cause seizures. Read the accompanying leaflet with your script carefully and you will see what I mean. The side effects of being on it for me were brain fog, loss of memory and language, dizzy spells causing falls, either insomnia or 'dead' sleeps that on waking felt as is I had not slept at all, headaches and nausea. I decided to taper off from 100mg x 2 daily very slowly indeed and am now at 50mg x 2 a day. The brain fog is clearing, I felt my personality coming back when before I felt like a zombie, and my sleep patterns are much improved. I will continue to taper until I am free of what I feel is a very toxic drug given out far too often by GP's and Consultants who will tell you that it is a miracle drug with no side effects and no withdrawals. This simply is not true and more and more patients are suffering needless pain and misery and not being listened to by the medical profession.

It is your life and your decision Brenda but please do your research before you get caught in a cycle you will have difficulty to say the least in getting free from. There are patients, of course, who feel they benefit greatly by taking Lyrica and don't seem to suffer side effects. We are all so very individual and you must take this into account as well.

I hope you can also research some natural remedies that help with pain and the anxiety associated with this so that you will make a well informed decison for yourself. I wish you well.

• Posted

Hi Brenda. My husband suffered with chronic back pain and was on Lyrica for 6 years before he suddenly passed away. He had jut turned 40. Lyrica is a toxic drug but effective. It has considerable adverse side effects. Knowing what I know now, I wish he never went on it as I believe it's contributed to his death. He suffered many bad side effects. Be informed and I second everything that Elizabeth says. There's a great support group on FB called Lyrica Survivors. Take care of yourself.

• Posted

Thank you for adding to my post Lesley. I am so sorry to hear of your husband's sad and early demise and I hope that your life is now turning around and you are recovering from this awful time. Yes, you are right in thinking there are some deaths occuring in Lyrica patients and I believe that this will be proved in the future. However, we must continue to warn newcomers to this drug and its consequences. I too am a member of the Group you mention and advocate sufferers joining for support and relevant information to help them. I wish you all happiness in the future and the life you have yet to live.

• Posted

Lesley.

I am sorry to hear of your husband and like Elizabeth, hope things are beginning to pick up for you.

I also am a sufferer of lyrica, and even after years of not taking it, still suffer from using it.

As Elizabeth said - people need to know about this toxic poison being prescribed left, right and centre.

I hope you have found peace since your husband's passing, and wish you sll the best.

Take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.