Chronic back pain with headache due to herniated disc ?

Posted , 2 users are following.

i have a herniated disc in my neck C5C6 also arthritis in my back and i get terrible headaches along with back pain in the shoulder blades. The headaches are in the back of my head and i also experience sinus pressure . The combination is debilitating and I have been dealing with this for so many years . The only thing that helps is sumatriptan . When i drink alcohol i almost always get a headache as well. I am finally going to see a neurologist but just wanted to see if there was anyone else out there that can relate ....

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Catherine

I have osteoarthritis in my neck and spine although early stages. I get headaches, neck and shoulder aches, sinus problems and dizziness. I am sensitive to meds and only take paracetamol or aspirin. I tried physio for my shoulder pain but it didn't work so I had a cortisone injection in my shoulder. It took 99% of the pain away but I got horrible side effects which was more headaches and more dizziness. Sometimes I use a warm wheat bag around my neck and that sometimes help. I get good and bad days, just take each day as it comes. It's as you say very debilitating and very frustrating too because there's so much I want to do but cannot. Not much help I'm afraid but just for you to know you are not alone. Best wishes.

• Posted

thanks for your reply , ,it does help to know im not alone. i have several appts coming up to see if there is anything they can do for me .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.