Chronic Bacteria Prostatitis

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum. I been suffering from CBP since end of October. I first had bad stomach pain, left testicular pain, and painful urination. I skipped primary care as I had feeling it was urinary issue I went straight to the uralogist. He first prescribed me some Cipro which i reacted badly since i have anxiety and just messed me up. I tried bactrim and ceftrin which also did not go well. We then decided to do a semen culture because that is the only way it shows up for me. First one I did came back with the lovely E.Faecalis and Staphl... mitalis oral both gram positive. I did a 10 day treatment with Ampicillin and felt better for light staph..mitalis and scant e faecalis in November 2019. flash forward to now i have got rid of the staph mitalis however the e faecalis keeps growing from moderate to heavy. I did a 6 week course of Ampicillin and due to not being able to penetrate the prostate it failed even though Ampicillin is the drug of choice of E faecalis. I was <1 for Cipro on MiC and the MIC was 38. Now sucking it up and seeing since its vulnerable to Cipro and under <1 and deeply penetrates the prostate im hoping i can start lowering this infection. I have two questions is there any way to beat e faecalis the first time? I have not been cured once yet it just gets worse and secondly can you die for this? I do not see alot on this topic and I just want to hear everyone opinion?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

no...you wont die from BP but at times you might want to! cultures and abx sensitivity are the way to go keep doing what you are doing and try different abx's that are sensitive to the bacteria do NOT give up you have a bacterial infection proven by culturekeep trying different abx until you kill it!

• Posted

D-Ice75,

You're doing the right thing, getting the semen cultured. Some Urologists don't do that if the bacteria doesn't show up in the urine, and the patient goes on suffering. You might want to try a biofilm disruptor, they dissolve biofilms, that bacteria cover themselves with to protect them from your body's defenses, and antibiotics. Look it up on Google or Amazon. You should get a reasonable level of sexual activity to keep the fluids in the prostate flushing out, but not so much that the prostate gets overworked and inflamed. You could also try prostate massage if you can find a way to get it done. Be careful about taking Cipro, it is an antibiotic of last resort, if all other antibiotics fail. Cipro penetrates well, but can have some nasty side effects, like tendonitis and tendon ruptures. Some say Cipro affects their central nervous system. Look up some of the discussions on this site about Cipro and other fluoroquinolones, Look up fluoroquinolone side effects on Google.

Thomas

• Posted

Welcome. Although I was being monitored for an enlarged prostate, it wasn't until my PSA hit 4.8 (I keep calling it 4.6 but I just looked an it was 4.8) while I was 68 that they did a biopsy (negative). In October of that year, I "thought" I only had constipation as I had side pain (radiating front, not back) so I went to urgent care and they said I had "an infection" after peeing in the cup. From then on, every test showed an infection and the result was the same: CIPRO 500 mg, 2 x per day, seven days. I wish they followed up, but they didn't. Finally, on one of these I asked what the bacteria was and was told: enterobacter cloacae. So, I looked that up and it is fairly resistant to antibiotics. My last test (first after the surgery and the final Foley catheter) was just this past week and I supposedly do NOT have a UTI. Probably should have had SEPTRA DS instead of CIPRO but that's what they gave me. I did not have any issue with CIPRO but was just wondering how well it actually was working on that infection.

• Edited

By the way, for e faecalis, I'd look here:

and they have a list of treatments but suggest they have to test the infection carefully. Looks like a lot of mycins on the list. I did NOT see anything about dying, but they mention related infections that sound scary and comments like you get these from hospital stays (I KNEW it!). The infection I had scared me because, if it got out of control it could either be deadly or put me in the ICU for a very long time.

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

• Edited

ill have to try the biofilm disruptor never heard of that before

It makes me feel malaise like, chills, sometimes pain in tip of penis, sometimes when start to intially urinate. Anyone feel flu like ? thanks for all the respones guys! we keep you updated

• Posted

Hello D-Ice,

I am trying to find answers for my dad who has been suffering from constant pain for the 6 months now pos-TuRP. Have you been able to resolve this issue?

• Posted

have not done Turp so unsure about that. However I was on 6 weeks of ampcillin and additional 4 weeks of cipro (which did not have problems with). however most people dont like cipro but for me it worked it seems. I avoided taking it since October last year but kept showing that what i had was susceptible to that. I finally tried it and so far seems like now two weeks of no antibiotics i feel really back to normal for the first time in 6 months. It is no picnic walk and as you probably seen very painful. if the uralogist does not work, next step would be to try the infectious disease dr if its bacteria.

• Posted

I know this is a bit late and you're probably not on the site any more but...

I totally get the flu-like/malaise/chills!

Been feeling like that for years ever since a nasty "UTI".

Only worked out the possible connection recently and have confirmed bacterial prostatitis with the same bacteria as you and the same susceptibility!

I just wondered if you noticed improvement whilst on the antibiotics or only after you'd finished them?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.