Chronic Bacterial Vaginosis

Posted , 6 users are following.

Where do I even start this post? I feel like I have read the same one a million times. 

I have had BV for two years now, with very little relief from symptoms. 

My bought with BV seemed to start when I switched birth control pills and decided to stop taking the new kind. Since then, I’ve tried birth control and no birth control, but neither have helped. 

I have tried metronidazole in gel and pill form and tinidazole in pill form more times than I can count. This seemed to at least help the symptoms at first, but, after not taking antibiotics for nearly a year, I finished tinidazole Sunday and my symptoms are worse than ever. 

I have tried almost every at home remedy I have read, including boric acid suppositories, eating clean, probiotics with the right strains of bacteria for the vagina- inserted vaginally and orally, vitamin C inserted, taking vitamin D orally, garlic suppository(inserted as we speak), re-phresh, yogurt tampons, and hydrogen peroxide douche. There may be others that I have forgotten.

Currently, what used to be smelly discharge has, for some reason, become discharge without a smell but extremely itchy like a yeast infection. However, my ph is 6-7.

I found out that the type of bacteria that I have is Gardnerella. I recently read that researchers are looking at how to break down the biofilm that makes BV impossible to get rid of. They have been looking at several methods; however, they have had some success with  thyme essential oil. My question for you is- has anyone tried using essential oils for this purpose or bacterial vaginosis? I have thought about buying the type of thyme oil that is okay to ingest, putting it in a vegetable capsule and inserting it while taking probiotics in hopes of breaking down the biofilm. 

Another question I have- has anyone else had trouble with their tongue or eyes due to BV? What about acne? Every now and then, I also will have a few days where I feel like I can’t get a full breath in.

This is such an awful thing to have to deal with. I wish you all the best in balancing your body!!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I had itchy eyes which led me to investigate my BV further. I found that BV can be connected to a vitamin D deficiency and so can "itchy eyes".... I got tested and was severely deficient. I've been taking a vitamin D3 (5000 iu a day) and thus far... 6 months later I am all clear. Good luck! smile

• Posted

My eyes have been itching a lot lately so now I know BV is causing this too smh.
    • Posted

BV does not cause itchy eyes what-so-ever. A deficiency in Vitamin D can be linked to both however. I'd suggest getting your vitamin D levels checked or simply start taking a Vitamin D3 supplement. Good luck!

• Posted

Also following..im in the same boat aside from itchy eyes. I check monthly to see if any new news regarding a treatment has come out.
  • Posted

Update: I went to the gyno yesterday. She told me to try inserting the thyme essential oil vaginally, so I’m ordering it tomorrow.  Crossing my fingers!
  • Posted

Hello ... you can try with MMS search it .... youtube.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.