Chronic Bacterial Vaginosis- watery discharge

Posted , 4 users are following.

So, i have been suffering from BV for 9 months now. First off I’d like to say my issue is excessive watery discharge that literally soaks my underwear, I have no odor or itching. Originally, antibiotics worked but now I have become resistant. Neither metrogel or clindamycin work for me. My BV comes back after sex and after using the antibiotics multiple times I’ve built a biofilm. So for the last 4 months I’ve been nonstop suffering with no relief. I’ve spent HOURS doing my own research....have tried boric acid, it didn’t work. Tried the douching methods with ACV and hydrogen peroxide...no luck. I take probiotics, vitamin D, folic acid,I’ve done the VH suppositories....literally nothing works. The only thing that has given me relief is using a tampon with tea tree oil, but unfortunately this is only a short term fix. It resolves my discharge for the day, but the next morning it’s back, and I cannot spend the rest of my life doing this I’m only 21.

Most of the posts I’ve read are regarding women suffering from odor, if there’s anyone who has a solution for watery DISCHARGE, please please please share!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

My first question is have you been formally diagnosed with BV by a gynecologist? Based on what you're describing, it doesn't sound like BV. Have doctors tested you and ruled out other possible issues?

I used to have a watery discharge constantly and it turns out, it was the birth control pill I was on. Some do cause a continuous nuisance discharge. I'm on a new pill and no more watery discharge.

I pray you find an answer soon.

• Posted

yes my gyno said i have colonized BV, i just recently had other testing done and was told it all came back negative... i have been on the same birth control for years though so i cant imagine it would do this out of nowhere. Did it happen to you from the start of taking that birth control, or was it later on? thank you for your response !

• Posted

It's been a while, but I believe the watery discharge started after being on that pill for a few months.

Other possible causes: it could be happening more when you're ovulating or experiencing menopause.

Have you ever tried a detox tea?

1 cup warm/hot water

2 tbs apple cider vinegar (raw organic preferred)

2 tbs raw honey

2 tbs lemon juice (freshly squeezed)

1 tbs cinnamon

• Posted

Correction: 1/2 tsp cinnamon instead and distilled water

Try drinking at least daily or up to 3x a day. As needed and see if you see a difference.

Good Luck!

• Edited

any progress on this i have similar symptoms

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.