Chronic BV for two years - gone!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everybody! I'm really happy this forum exists for women with BV. I came here a lot when I had ongoing BV (flare-ups normally after my period or when I was exposed to strong fragrances) and tried a few of the suggestions. I didn't try Vitamin C with rosehip as I was scared to take it as a vaginal suppository after reading how it can be painful. I had a problem with yeast for almost a decade when I experienced symptoms of BV a few years ago (fishy, watery discharge, itch, etc). Although I'm not a medical professional, I want to tell you what conventional medicine worked for me. I was put on an anti-fungal called Ketoconazole for 3 months, but I didn't finish the prescription as it is known to be hard on the liver. I haven't experienced BV since, and it's been almost a year since I took my last pill. The yeast problem I had had for many years also went away. I made a video about my experience if you want to check it out. I also included some tips about lifestyle, diet and natural medicine that I got from doing my own research and being my own guinea pig. I did try Metronidazole, but this had little effect on me. I think there are ways to cure BV - some work, some don't depending on the person. However, I think the best way to approach the problem is by getting to the root of it. The book I talk about in the video, Hard to Stomach, discusses how BV and other forms of vaginitis can result from impairment within the digestive tract, particularly within the small intestine. Anyway, please check out the video. I hope you find it useful! Here's the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzBcu5s24z0[/b]

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

your fully on the tip- this BV is no joke- this is some of the best advice ive seen- ive had a similar experience and treatment but i haven't  tried the ketoconazale 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.