Chronic BV/Yeast/Multi Gyn Actigel Experience?

Posted , 2 users are following.

So I've been getting BV and Yeast infections together for about 9 months. It always comes after and before my period. I tried everything: vitamin d 5000, vitamin c 2000, folic acid, apple cider vinegar, probiotics, antibiotics, NOTHING WORKS. 

My doctor gave me another round of antibiotics and this gel called actigel. I feel normal now but there's just one thing. My discharge is clumpy-like and off-white-ish. I can't really describe it. I stick my finger in and when it comes out you can see this huge blob (which i assume is the gel) where its white in the inside and clear on the outside. Anyone has ever had this issue with BV gels before? Itching and pain stopped though.

I just finished my antibiotics. My doctor wants me to check my hormone levels because this all started after I started using birth control pills (yasmin) which I stopped but I still kept on getting BV and yeast 4 months after I went off BCP.

Help? sad

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Uugghh I feel for you. I’m on my 5 round of Metrodinazole since the start of the year. I too get bv after my period, after intercourse, and just with anything. I also tried all these supplements and nothing has helped. I haven’t tried the gel but I’m assuming it is the gel that you’re seeing come out. Wait until you’re done using the gel & if you notice no improvement go to your doctor. I’m sorry 😔 this sucks 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.