Chronic chest infections and pneumonia for over a year

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

Bit of background i'm 31 and fairly healthy with an active lifestyle, not a smoker with no chronic lung problems like asthma. I did grow up around a lot of second hand smoke and I work with dogs if that is in anyway relevant? 

About a year ago I got a nasty case of pneumonia that really knocked me but cleared up with antibiotics after about a month (was meant to go to hospital but couldn't afford it). Since then roughly every 2 months I get a very nasty chest infection, I went to the doctor the first 3 times and was diagnosed with pneumonia again each time and took antibiotics and it cleared up. I stopped going to the doctors because it's too expensive and i can't just keep taking antibiotics can I?

It's always the same, I develop a cough with thick greeny/yellow mucus, blood and these like tiny pellets of what look like pus (it's not tonsil stones, I have no tonsils). I lose my voice, have very sore lungs (they feel like they're red raw), difficulty breathing, wheezing and usually a fever. It usually lasts about 2 weeks until I can function again (Thank god i have a flexible understanding job!).

I have recently developed really nasty upper back pain, which got really intense before my last bout of coughingness. It feels like broken ribs (I know from experiance) but deeper sort of deeper, very hard to describe but that kind of intensity.  Along with my lungs feeling flayed, I have a tight,very painful ache sort of by my shoulder blade and it goes right through to the front. I also have a pinching pain on my right side collar bone which is very resemblant of the pain i got with a stitch. 

I've had an X-Ray (the only diagnostic I could afford) which was fine but there has to be something because why else would I keep getting this?

This is really getting in the way of my life and making me miserable so any advice, ideas, solutions or even home remedies would be so gratefully received!

Thank you in advance!

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Are there any environmental substances your exposed to at home work? Mold spores in homes can cause respertory problems.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.