Chronic child constipation

Posted , 2 users are following.

Can you please help? Any advice would be greatfuly received. I have a 10 yr old daughter, who has suffered for the past 2 year's with this condition. She has just spent 3 wks in hospital for observation and treatment and she still cannot open her bowels without medical aid. She has tried every medication available. Her appite is good but she suffers with daily stomach pain, which is distended. We have a holiday on 20/7/17 to Cuba, but am concerned. She has missed a term off school and is miserable. Have you or someone you know managed to overcome this problem or is there any forums/organisations that can help? Our consultant is now considering a referral to a surgeon for an operation, which we want to avoid!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Shamis I am sorry no one has responded. How is your little girl? My son has food intolerances which can cause constipation. I'd have her tested for food allergies. Make sure she drinks enough water during the day. Pop, milk and juice do not count. Cook or steam veggies for her and ensure she has them with every meal. Sugar, dairy and too much bread is constipating for children so try to limit them; especially sugar, to let her body heal.

Medications and such are dangerous to recommend for children. I'd only accept advice from a professional. You could consider finding an ND (Naturopathic Doctor) in your area. NDs are highly trained and offer natural,alternatives. Google AANP.if in the US or CAND in Canada.

• Posted

I just realized that my prior post was deleted but I have no idea why. To the moderators, please let me know so I don't keep making the same mistake. I am not sure what I typed that was inappropriate. Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.