Chronic cholecystitis

Posted , 7 users are following.

Has anyone had chronic cholecystitis and if can explain what is the post op recovery time? Do u feel fatigued for quite a long time post op?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

hi

yes thats what i had , however mine became gangreene and i was extremely ill.

but i have been in pain for 16 months since and still seem to have many ongoing issues of which the

nhs seem to have no intrest in.

recovery for me was pretty slow but i think its diffrant for many people .

i wish you well.

• Posted

Thanks for ur reply.

Have u had a fatigue /tiredness as well after an operation and if so for how long?

Did you loose weight before operation with gallstones?

• Posted

zt1980

hi again.

yes i lost 5 stone so 70 pounds in 5 weeks , yes you read that right !!

but as i said i was extremely ill, gangreene and full of pus , but the nhs did not help me they kept sending me home for 3 years in agony , someone dont like me i guess.

ive been fatigued ever since, my life is no longer the same im sorry to say , but thankfull to my private surgeon that i am still alive for my children at least, even if i do feel half dead.

i wish you well.

• Posted

I had a severe attack Christmas 2017 and was ona drip for 5days. After leaving hospital I was washed out for about 6 weeks whilst on a low fat diet which I conti used for about 10 months. I waited 6months until I had my gall bladder removed. Afterwards I was fine apart from having wind. I have had a few episodes of the runs but that seems OK now. I have stopped eating cake and chocolate, fish and chips or anything greasy. As long as you watch what you eat it seems to be OK. Hope this helps.

• Posted

Dont know but if you read other posts you could be in for a long haul and regret having it out!

• Posted

recovery is different for everyone, i have asked people and some say they are fine except for the bad pooping if you eat something bad. as for me i had mined remover 3-4 months ago and now just starting to feel better, am still fatigue especially if i eat a heavy meal, but am very constipated but that has recently calm down because i eat banana and oatmeal lol i had chronic constipation for a while but then if i eat something like lasagna then ill have the runs but not all the time sometimes my stomach would be feeling sick for a few days where i feel off so, i eat fat free stuff and anything thats light on my bowel and tummy its your body eventually you will learn what u can eat from what you shouldnt i heard people say they dont change there diet its the same but i dont recommend because am sure nobody want a fatty liver seen as the liver takes on the stress of digesting your fats. as for pain i only get the sharp pain where the gb was if i eat high fat meal

• Posted

Oh I am sure many people just get on with their lives and don't complain, my mother being one of them, who now has to take anti acid meds and STILL has to watch what she eats, so much for the medical profession telling us we do not need the Gall Bladder eh!

• Posted

you may read stories on here that are bad and scare you (like mine), but if you need your GB out, then you need it out. dont let the stories scare you.

my story started 4 1/2 months ago at the end of September 2018. i developed severe nausea and i couldnt eat. i went to the ER and they said i had gallstones and one of the walls was thickening. i had to have emergency key hole surgery. i thought i would feel better, but ive dealt with all kinds of GI problems. i still suffer from nausea, constant for 3 months. it went away last month, but now its back. im back to throwing up again. i also had a bacterial infection back at the end of November. i stay exhausted. doctor says time will heal me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.