Chronic constipation, dry mouth, and pale stool. Doctors cant find anything. HELP

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm looking for ideas or any help people can offer. This is my last resort.

I'm currently 29 years old. Since my early twenty's I have been suffering chronic constipation, pale/clay colored bowel movements, dry mouth and really bad breath. I also have this kind of washed out,bad taste in my mouth. I used to refer to my mouth as kind of like a meat room at the butchers. Nasty hey!

Anyway, I've been going to the doctor for around 5 years trying to find out what the hell is going on with me and they just keep coming up bare. My symptoms are progressively getting worse. My digestion is becoming unbearable and I recently started having irregular white bowel movements.

Heres a list of the tests I've had done, I'm sure to miss a few.

Endoscopy, colonoscopy, ultrasound of liver and pancreas, CT scan of abdomen and stool tests.

I have had all the regular labs/blood work done multiple times.

Full liver function panel, bilirubin ect.

Antinuclear antibodies to check for autoimmune disease plus other more specialized blood tests to check for specific auto immune disorders like celiac, sjogrens ect.

I have a constantly sore lymph node in my neck that has been biopsied.

Blood cell count, thyriod, thyriod ultra sound, B vitamins, glucose tolerance test.

Routine urine analysis, ultrasound of kidneys.

Bile ducts appear to be clear and no irregularities in any other tests. I generally feel ok but, i do suffer episodes of severe fatigue and shortness of breath. They are quite rare though to be honest.

Im sure i could keep going but you get my drift. I'm at my whits end and i have just been recommended to see another gastrolenterologist. How can they not find anything? does anyone have any thoughts to share on my symptoms?

Many thanks

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yes I generally have a lot of lower abdominal pain. Over the last month I have been doing the keto diet. It has helped somewhat as it makes my bowel movements half the size. It has not helped any other symptoms, including the dry mouth or off color stool.

• Posted

Hi henry1889

You say you have had all your b vits tested..what about vit d....very low levels can cause gastro problems. Get vit d checked if you have not already ...

• Posted

Are you taking any tablets that could possibly have side effects?

• Posted

No medication at all

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.