Chronic constipation for soo many years anxiety and panic about it

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi ive been dealing with chronic constipation for sooooo long it feels like 5-10 years now ive always tried to treat it with laxatives and drinking more water and stuff like that... I would get temporary relief and it would come back I stay bloated and feeling uncomfortable and I am scared it is gonna kill me ive been to the ER over it once or twice never had a stomach x ray or colonoscopy or anything and I'm terrified ive waited too long and cancer tumor has grown or I'm gonna die soon I am sooo scared. I am going to the ER tomorrow I'm going to tell them to give me a xray of my stomach and potentially a ct scan... ive had bad health anxiety and panic for many many years and this is making it worst and causing me to worry I'm afraid its gonna kill me.. its like when I do use the restroom ive got to force it unless I take laxatives I never feel the urge and the constipation causes me to feel full and when its been days and days I don't feel hungry. I took a laxative today and had a bowel movement 3 times had to strain as well its just weird I'm terrified ive got something life threatening I just want to fix this I pray to god its not to late.. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I have very similar issues, don't over do I think with the laxative I have done permanent damage to my colon.  Have you tried Linzess?  That has helped me.

• Posted

Take Miralax daily.
    • Posted

Albert, Sorry to hear that.  I take about a cap full, every evening, in water or coffee or wine.  Made me regular.  If you're taking a full dose without effect, maybe it's some other cause.  Are you taking any meds that might increase constipation?

• Posted

Hi Brently. I’ve been constipated all my life but keep it at bay with a high fibre diet.  I’ve written a programme called the 3 Day Fiber Challenge and have a Facebook page of the same name. It really helps people with constipation. I understand exactly how you feel.  Hope I’m able to share this and not breaking any rules! 
    • Posted

Im definitely up to try new things for sure I was diagnosed with ibs years ago but I just don't know I stay bloated it's a terrible feeling

• Posted

Good morning,

I am sorry to hear your misery.

Try Castor Oil at night. It can be purchased at the pharmacy. One soup spoon at bedtime.

Also, purchase Colace 100 mg. It is a stool softener. Take at bedtime .

Lastly, change your diet. Eat lots of fiber, fresh fruits and vegetables also eat almonds. Drink lots of water.

I hope you find some relief.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.