Chronic Cough

Posted , 5 users are following.

Anyone have a chronic nagging cough that lasts over 10 weeks.

I've seen Allergist, GP , ENT , GI all point to post nasal drip or GERD. Never had a scope but think I should. I have taken Nasonex with some relief but it still hangs on.

No mucus or blood in coughs... just dry nagging . It started Dec 2014 with a flu. Stopped in Feb /15 came back in July /15.

Looking for other thoughts on what it could be ???

Thx

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I'm not sure have you tried lemon and honey with hot water? Or ginger and honey? This should help. I really wouldn't be worried I have a cough that's because my house is dusty maybe you have a allergy 
  • Posted

is it asthma..I developed a cough after commencing glaucoma drops...have you started any new medication that could cause this...I am now having treatment  for asthma as a result of glaucoma drops....
  • Posted

Hi. I have had a chronic cough for  the last 20 years with lots of trips to doc, hospital, consultants, chest xrays , ear nose throat, had various medications  inhalers, everything. I cut one thing out and stopped coughing completely.  May not be your answer but might help someone.  The problem was milk.
    • Posted

I have cutout all dairy I am a Vegan. I have checked the meds I take. Had many chest X-rays over the past year. Had a pulmonary function test . All normal no issues with lungs. I saw an allergist nothing wrong there, and had a scope by my ENT all good.

Getting a barium swallow see if I have issues with my stomach?

Been coughing on and off since Dec 2014 had a bad flu then. Went away in late Jan came back Mar went away off and on . This time it has been with me for 3 months.

So frustrating wish it was only milk?

I also don't eat gluten.

Thx

• Posted

I believe my cough started with a Severe flu. That was at least 15 yrs ago. I have been to many doctors, testing, but the cough syrup tussionex has been my only relief. I can't take it the rest of my life, but I'm worn out with coughing.
  • Posted

Hi yes I have it has to be a virus 12 weeks now but thank god nearly gone, gagging, heaving but not sick very bad mucus and coughing, chesty aching continous runny nose and the shivers it is vile!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.