chronic cough

Posted , 8 users are following.

hii i have been suffering from chronic cough,what should i do.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Bit more information please Angelina?

Have you been to the doctor with it?

What did he/she say?

have you had a chest x-ray?

How long have you had the cough?

Do you already have COPD?

Is it a 'dry' cough, or very phlegmy? Can you try and describe it?

How old are you and do you have any other medical conditions?

Thanks

Jo

• Posted

Check in with your doctor.  Who can advise, diagnose and prescribe the medication that can help relieve your symptoms.

Hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

Angelina, please see your GP asap, could be something simple or not, but best to be sure xx

• Posted

I think you need to be checked over by your doc to find out the cause, in the meantime try drinking pineapple juice it might ease the cough a litte. I was told a while ago to try this , didn't believe it would help but it did. Apparently pineapple juice is very good for this kind of illness. Take care and please goo see your doc xx
  • Posted

More info needed!   Do you have COPD, in which case chronic cough is almost universal without medication and eventually with ..... if you're a smoker you'll inevitably have a chronic cough:  "smokers cough" - in other words, emphysema and then COPD

What does your doctor say?  We can't diagnose you over the internet!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.